dipswitchs don't work in Garou: Mark of the Wolves

None of the dipswitches seem to work for me in Winkawaks with Garou: Mark of the Wolves. I'll activate them and click OK but it doesn't work and when I return to the dipswitch menu, nothing is checked. Does the game just not work with them or am I doing something wrong or is my rom screwed up?

Sorry but I'm not entirely sure how to do that. I'm used to just the basic playing of the games. Can you explain?

Oh and the dipswitches I want are 1-1, 1-3, and 1-6 if that's what you were asking.

Edited by Kanzeil

The only way that you can change the hardware DIP switches (Hard DIPs; the psysical switches on the arcade), through is to use either the Debug BIOS or the Universe BIOS. The switches reset when you reset the emulator. These DIPs are marked 1-1 through 1-8, and 2-1 through 2-8. You can alos enable the so-called "Developer Mode' as well. Don't ask me what it does though.

Software DIP switches are the ones that can be accessed through the Neo-Geo Test Menu; (F1 in NeoRAGEx, F2 in Nebula, Kawaks, MAME, B+C+D with the Universe BIOS) ---> Setting Up The Soft DIP--> )

These settings control the amount of rounds, difficulty, blood on/off, language, etc.

Yea, I'm aware of what the DIP switches do. They work for me with every game except Garou: Mark of the Wolves. The problem is that when I activate the DIP switches in that game, nothing happens and when I go back to the DIP switch menu they are all unchecked as if I had never checked them in the first place. I kind of need the debug object (1-1) in this game because I'm aiming to rip sprites out for work on a MUGEN project.

eh sorry, I didn't realize that Universe BIOS were unrequestable too. I just assumed that only the game roms and neogeo bios were against the rules.

OK so what else can I do to solve the problem in this thread.

Edited by Kanzeil