Win2DS v0.2

Sintax

Well I got to say this is pretty cool :P.

Though everyone is quite right. The keyboard is really really bad. So I think that you (or someone else :P) should figure a way so we can actually have a good keyboard for a change. Maybe make users calibrate just once and use that data, or that at least for a temporary solution :).

Anyway, I also got some suggestions and questions.

Suggestions:

- Intergrate some tools that allow you to do certain things faster. Like for example a textarea where you can insert text into (client side on your DS) and then a 'submit' button that sends everything straight to your PC.

- Make the zoomed screen and the 'minimap' screen switchable. This way you add touch-screen control to both screens.

- A way to configure controls, so you can tell what every DS button does. This way you can also use your DS as a controller, which can be useful from time to time.

- Maybe a zoom out thing for the zoomed screen. (Low priority :P)

Questions:

Is the data send as low as it can be? I mean, are you only sending the parts you see. Are these images compressed (or would the decompressing be to tough for the DS) and do they have the max amount of colors the DS can handle? This is just because I am interested at how this is done and could be done as efficient as possible :).

[ËDIT]

Oke, I saw it saves jpg files of both screens and sends them. Further comression does not seem verry usefull either so skip the question :)

[/EDIT]

Edited by Snuk the Great

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the M3 SD with e15 update. Neither version of this program will launch. It just gives me a black screen. Any help would be appreciated as this look to be the killer app for the DS.

Not entirely sure if it works with SD, but try pressing A to load, and if it doesnt work, try again with START

try both.nds and nds.gba, one of them should work..

Regarding the keyboard...

Maybe just a giant numpad, as in the NWFC thing would make things a lot easier?

Not entirely sure if it works with SD, but try pressing A to load, and if it doesnt work, try again with START

try both.nds and nds.gba, one of them should work..

Tried your suggestion, instead of a black screen it gave me a white screen (on both screens). I guess its not compatible with M3 SD. Probably like Moonshell where we had to wait for a M3 SD build.

Would you plan to use the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi configuration to access a Network? This way, we should only enter the server adress, and WEP encryption would be supported...

I'm planning on using the Nintendo WiFi data to setup your connection in the next version, but this doesn't have any bearing on whether WEP works or not. It's not finished in the lib yet.

The keyboard works quite well for me, if you try some different way of doing it, you could probably find a way that works well. If you do firm not-too-quick taps, it works well. Although I will move it to the center of the screen.

The M3 needs to have Power_ON(POWER_ALL) used for homebrew to work, or so I've heard. There is a loader that you can append to programs so that they do this, but that's all I can tell you.

Getting better and better every time, I love it. Is there any chance you could put in a little option to calibrate the screen for that app? Like, so we could calibrate our DSes so that we don't have problems with the keyboard. And it doesn't work w/ the built in calibration. Hopefully that made sense.

Would you plan to use the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi configuration to access a Network? This way, we should only enter the server adress, and WEP encryption would be supported...

I'm planning on using the Nintendo WiFi data to setup your connection in the next version, but this doesn't have any bearing on whether WEP works or not. It's not finished in the lib yet.

The keyboard works quite well for me, if you try some different way of doing it, you could probably find a way that works well. If you do firm not-too-quick taps, it works well. Although I will move it to the center of the screen.

The M3 needs to have Power_ON(POWER_ALL) used for homebrew to work, or so I've heard. There is a loader that you can append to programs so that they do this, but that's all I can tell you.

The keyboard works well for me as well. The highlighting really lets you know what you're pressing so you can must hover over the right key then release. I don't see how you could make the keyboard any better than it already is.

Not all DS's are created equal, some have more sensitive touch screens than others. There is an updated touch.c in the CVS. That works much better for me. I recommend using that for next release.

ds2win.nds works on my M3 CF with E15 firmware (started with A button). I noticed the E15 firmware stopped pointyremote from working, that works fine with E14 firmware though.

Edited by Sektor

Been trying v0.2 for a while now, and its pretty sweet ;). It seems a lot more stable then pointyremote. It's alresdy pretty much usable.

Only serious bug i've noticed is that after a while if you unminimize the server it can fuxor winfows a bit graphicly. But closing the program and refreshing the screen fixes that.