pSX v1.0 released

Robert

pSX emulator

==========

This emulator fully emulates the Sony Playstation. Compatibility is fairly high, most games I've tried work well.

An R3000 debugger is contained which may be of interest to people working on translations.

One thing that should be noted is that pSX DOES NOT use plugins. The emulator is completely self contained.

The emulator has been designed to be as easy and unobtrusive to use as possible - in most cases you will not need to configure anything to use it (except maybe the controls).

The emulator supports.cue/.bin CD images. It also supports compressed (cdz) images - these can be created from.cue/.bin files using the cdztool.exe util which is provided.

>> More information is in the readme file,

and the emulator can be downloaded from HERE.

Yes it does work, and quite well for a standalone emulator (No plugins)

I tried it with Crono Trigger, the only game I had laying around in Bin/Cue format.

I especially liked the fact it boots through the bios like a REAL Playstation does, something ePSXe doesn't.....it skips the bios, I really hate that about ePSXe.

It stutters pretty badly during FMV sequences though.

psx1.jpg

psx2.jpg

psx3.jpg

Note that you will get best performance running in full-screen mode.

Press ALT+ENTER to switch between full-screen and windowed.

If 300% of a real Playstation is what you're looking for, then I guess so. No more stuttering FMV though, but also no sound. lol

I especially liked the fact it boots through the bios like a REAL Playstation does, something ePSXe doesn't.....it skips the bios, I really hate that about ePSXe.

ePSXe skips the PS logo for a faster boot. That doesn't mean that ePSXe doesn't emulate it at all (it's a PSX emulator after all). You can get it to show just by starting ePSXe with the -slowboot switch.

Ah cool. Too bad none of them display correctly though. Here's what I get in ePSXe when using -slowboot (Keep in mind ALL of these bios' function fine otherwise)

SCPH1000 - freezes at SCE startup logo

SCPH1001 - scph1001.JPG

SCPH5000 - ePSXe crashes

SCPH101 - scph101.JPG

SCPH7502 - scph7502.JPG

Besides SCPH5000, they all display the SCE diamond logo animation just fine.

I never said it didn't work, but the Playstation logo screen doesn't display properly. Maybe I need to update my graphics plugin......I don't think I have the latest of Pete's plugin(s)

Edit: Nope, still doesn't work properly with either of Pete's latest plugins. OpenGL or D3D. Also tried with Pete's software plugin and Next3D 1.05..........no dice.