Going to finally buy a cube!

PLasticSlug

been looking around on the bay and have found them for next to nothing, So i decided to pick one up, mostly for the release of Zelda, Twiligiht princess

Some of my top pics are going to be

Resident evil 4

Resident eveil 1 remake

Zelda windwalker

SoulCaliber 2

Anything else good for the system?

Super Smash Brothers is another great one,

All of the Mario Party games are good...

I would suggest modding your cube. There are 4 chips that should fit for different budgets

low end

Xeno Chip // http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-gc-xeno

GC Ninja Mod // don't bother with this one

Viper GC // nice chip, but small bios

Qoob -- a very very nice chip

Viper GC Extreme // http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-gc-vipextr

Pokemon XD, YES, IT'S GOOD.

Super Monkey Ball

Cubivore

that Tales of... Game

Battlion Wars

All Mario Party Games

Mario Strikers

XenoGC is a different type of mod that fits to the DVD drive PCB. And there are 2 models of the Qoob, the SX and the Pro. http://www.qoobchip.com

Theres also the Ripper GC chip, stay away from it as well as Ninjamod.......both are cheapmods that suck ass.

Screw Resident Evil 1 remake, at least for starters. If you want a Resident Evil game in the style of old, get RE Zero. New story to go through.

Don't forget Metroid Prime 1/2 if you're into them.

REmake is the game RE1 should of been. Have you seen the notes for it? It included stuff they wanted to put in the original PSX and Director's Cut version but didn't have enough room for it.

Addiontally yes, RE:Zero and Both MP games are badass.

Sorry i am completly ignorant to modding....

So with one of the listed modchips, i can burn my own backups and be able to play them on the cube? I can copy them on a regular dvd burner? and burn them onto a 3 inch dvd?

So would the preferred choice be Viper GC Extreme?

Edited by PLasticSlug

So with one of the listed modchips, i can burn my own backups and be able to play them on the cube?  I can copy them on a regular dvd burner? and burn them onto a 3 inch dvd?

I wouldn't waste your time with it unless you don't have a BBA and wish to make backups of your own originals. Right now there is no bios for it besides the regular Viper bios. None of the Extreme features (ONE...the USB backup roofles) is available, it's just like owning a regular Viper.

A Qoob Pro is cheaper than the Extreme, and the Extreme is a copycat of the Qoob Pro but with USB backup (Again, not yet functional because theres no Extreme bios).

The Qoob SX is similar to the regular Viper......but again, cheaper.

I reccommend either Qoob chip based on your needs. If you really only care for booting backups and NOTHING else, get yourself a XenoGC.

So with one of the listed modchips, i can burn my own backups and be able to play them on the cube?  I can copy them on a regular dvd burner? and burn them onto a 3 inch dvd?

I wouldn't waste your time with it unless you don't have a BBA and wish to make backups of your own originals. Right now there is no bios for it besides the regular Viper bios. None of the Extreme features (ONE...the USB backup roofles) is available, it's just like owning a regular Viper.

A Qoob Pro is cheaper than the Extreme, and the Extreme is a copycat of the Qoob Pro but with USB backup (Again, not yet functional because theres no Extreme bios).

The Qoob SX is similar to the regular Viper......but again, cheaper.

I reccommend either Qoob chip based on your needs. If you really only care for booting backups and NOTHING else, get yourself a XenoGC.

uhhhhh..... what :(