Disney to acquire Pixar for $7.4 billion

Gryph

Yeah I was disappointed upon hearing this early today. Disney doesn't deserve Pixar. I guess they have nearly given up on their own in-house talent to bring in the cash. They also have a deal with Studio Ghibli to release Hayao Miyazaki's works (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle etc). I wonder if Pixar can keep the blockbusters coming out under new management.

*Scratches head* I thought Pixar was already a Disney subsidiary.

Have they done anything that wasn't for Disney? I don't remember seeing anything.

No, they were independant but they had a distribution deal with Disney. They had some kind of contraction obligation or something to make a certain number of movies for Disney.

i don't really think it'll change much.

personally i think it'll be like nintendo-rare before nintendo got stupid and sold rare to MICROSOFT!

Luckily it's just RARE in name. Nothing RARE has made since the sale has been that great. Nintendo had the good RARE while MS is stuck with the crappy one. :P Kameo wasn't bad but I didn't like PD:Z at all.

personally i think it'll be like nintendo-rare before nintendo got stupid and sold rare to MICROSOFT!

Luckily it's just RARE in name. Nothing RARE has made since the sale has been that great. Nintendo had the good RARE while MS is stuck with the crappy one. :P Kameo wasn't bad but I didn't like PD:Z at all.

technically yes, but unless all of rare workers and designers jumped ship, and microsoft only bought the "name" rare, then it's a shame.

i really can't remember a rare game in the nintendo era that sucked.

not to mention that they made battletoads (which they should upgrade for the next gen)

*Scratches head* I thought Pixar was already a Disney subsidiary.

Have they done anything that wasn't for Disney? I don't remember seeing anything.

that's what i thought

soo....now what? Workers from Pixar will start 3D projects with licensed disney characters? Like maybe a Snow White 3D or something of that sort?

The CEO (or president, someone of great importance for sure) of Pixar is going to be the head of the new Animation division. I don't think he's going to let them crap all over Pixar by making them do sequels. Supposedly Disney wanted them to do Toy Story 3 but Pixar refused.

Rare died when it's Brothers left it's offices and took people with them.