Problem using some DS apps...

Alucardd

Make sure you don't have WEP, and I had to turn DHCP on for my router. If you're not worried about forwarded ports or anything, try clicking and holding the reset button on your router for 10 seconds, it brings it back to factory defaults. One last thing to try: Go to Control Panel>Internet and Network Connections>Network Connections. Double click on Local Area Connection and click the support tab. This has all the info you'd need to fill in.

As much as I'd like to help, its rather hard without knowing more about your problem. I can give you a few hints. First, try to use the wifi_lib_test app from sgstairs site. There is also a program called winsock example somewhere on the forum. If you are using windows this is a real easy way to test the wifi connection.

Once you got all that, make sure you are giving your DS a static IP address. Do not allow your router to auto-assign an IP. You may need to disable the DHCP server to do this (as stated above). On the wifi_lib_test app make sure the Gateway and the DNS address point to your wireless router. This value is most likely 192.168.1.1 or maybe 192.168.2.1, although it depends on the make and model of the router. The IP you assign to the DS should be very close to your PCs IP so they fall in the same range. So, for example, if your PC was at 192.168.1.150 you should make the DS IP 192.168.1.154 or something like that. Make sure you are not using an IP that is already in use, or out of the routers set range. Then on the winsock example (or whatever server app youre running) make sure the DS ip is set to the same value you just made. Likewise, the destination ip on the UDP should be set to your PCs IP addy.

Now if none of that works than it is an issue with the security on the router or your PC. Make sure you have all firewalls set up properly (including the windows firewall). Make sure your router can connect with the DS. Some security features of the firewall will block based on MAC addresses. You either have to turn this off or manually input the DS MAC address. More importantly, make sure that WEP is disabled. WEP is not currently supported and even though the test app will say "connected" it really isn't. At this point it only works on unsecured networks. Other than that you just need to use common sense and double check every IP you enter. Mis-configuring just one digit will make the connection void. I hope that helps.

EDIT: To obtain the IPs of the PC and router click "Start"->"Run" type "cmd" and when the dos window opens type "ipconfig"

Edited by cybereality