PointyRemote release 0.000015a (07-02-06)

Pointless

I have a problem...

I launch the file from supercard, and the screens go black. the top one shows five lines of text, ending in "ARM7 INIT Confirmed". The bottom screen has three buttons, "play wardriving", "play keyboard test" and "connect to AP" but all the inputs are frozen. I am using a black DS Lite with a Max Media Launcher and Supercard SD.

thanks

mlscdi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright.... now that i just boughta new comp... (AMD Athlon 4000 640-bit, BFG 7600gt, 1gb RAM) you HAVe to release the new version of this program. PLEASE! I really want it to use on my new computer and stuff becuase it comes in handy a lot. Please, Please, keep working on it.... oh yeah, and I hope ur not dead.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

This has become my favourite homebrew DS app!!!!! (esp since Beup seem to not work anymore)

Works fine on a M3 CF card (patched with DLDI) and the server works fine.

It is extremely useful, as I have the S-Video lead (and audio leads) from my server computer running into the main living room. It allows me to open videos full screen onto the TV, secondary display, without me leaving the couch to the back room :P.

I do have some recommendations for the next release tho.

You currently have Left as left click and Right as right click on the D-pad. This is great. I would disable the clicking when the screen is touched by the stylus tho, just use it to position the mouse cursor. This would make dragging possible, for instance, you can hold the stylus on the screen then press and hold left on the D-Pad, then move the stylus to a new position (no need to drag as you are holding the left mouse button as it were) then release the D-pad to complete the drag. At the moment it seem you can only drag the scrollbars, and not very easily at that.

Another issue is the keyboard. I think it would be better if it was 'live'. For instance, if you press select to bring up the keyboard then the top screen goes to the zoom mode, and a fully functioning keyboard appears on the bottom. Then key strokes are sent directly to the server app and thus live updated onto the screen (ok maybe need to use A or B to refresh the screen onto the DS itself). It would be helpful to have cursor keys, Alt etc accessible from here too. It is virtually impossible, for instance, to delete what is in a text box on a webpage. It makes surfing the web, in particular, searching very difficult to do.

I'm thinking of posting a youtube video on it in use in my situation. Would you mind?

I'm currently out of work, so you if you want, I could look at the source code and offer my feeble assistance? I have not knowledge of programming for the DS hardware, would be interesting to look into.

Do you have it available for download?

Tony

Edit: just noticed that this thread seems to be dead, anyone have source code?

Edited by sugarspun58

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...