PointyRemote release 0.000015a (07-02-06)

Pointless

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmmm.....o k then. well it still doesnt tell me what programs to get to transfer the code to the ds.

Ok then, first check if your current wireless card supports the right chipset for WifiMe. All details are there, just follow the tutorial.

If not, then you need a DsPassMe and some kind of flashcart, if your looking for cheapest then Supercard SD or CF is probably the best choice. I'm not going to post or link to reviews of all the GBA flashcarts / adapters you can use, because many many people have already done that. Remember, as I said, google is your friend.

Then, unless you want to keep that large ugly passme in your ds, the best bet you can use is FlashMe - a replacement firmware for your DS that you can use to boot homebrew and commercial games.

Notice I didn't link to it? Thats because I believe that everyone needs practice with google! (Bleugh. I'm at work and don't have the time to find a link. I'm pretty sure you can get passme2flashme.gba at www.ndshb.com though)

i also have a problem with the program i´d like to use.

does the nintendo wifi dongle work corretly?

the server program on my pc runs in background without doing anything.

i start with "connect to an ap" and then "search for an ap".

at this list there is an entry "C+S" an others with "C?S" WLAN" or "C?S default".

so now... when i use the default connection with the ip adress 192.168.1.1 for the dongle (same as gateway and dns) and the subnet 255.255.255.0 i´ll get the message that i´m connected... so far so good. chose udp test (point remote) and set the ip 192.168.1.1 again... right?

ok... i only get black screens. it doesn´t matter which buttons i press on the ds.

the firewall on the pc is swiched off.

i use m3 perfect adapter and passkey 2.

can someone explain me what i´m doing wrong? please explain it for a older person which is not so fit in computing :banghead:

is there anything i have to set up in windows or something like that?

thank you very much for reading.

Edited by moe

If I start PointyRemote, my DS freezes directly at startup (so I can only see the menu but I can't control it).

- Releasedate DS (11 march of 2005, got it on 10 march)

- Superpass 2

- Supercard SD -> 1GB Card FAT

--- Edit:

DS2key that has the same menu doesn't freeze.

--- Edit 2:

Problem fixed! Must rename .ds.gba -> .nds with a Supercard

--- Edit 3:

Totally working now! :punk:

--- Edit 4:

It's perfect, but I beg you to insert a better keyboard, this sucks (it isn't accurate). ;)

The program works perfectly, it's great! Respect :D

--- Edit 5:

A picture: http://nds.tweaking.nl/1.jpg

:shootem:

By the way, if you type a : . or some other characters, they don't appear at the computer, they will be erased in the text, anyway to fix?

And sorry if this is asked before, but when do you build a compession in? Your app is the best!

Much respect and greetings from The Netherlands. :)

Edited by Xalo

omg i just thought of this. You should make alow the DS to be used as a microphone for your computer too. So like on MSN we can record stuff and send it to our friends. I'll trype this in the win2DS forums too.

i also have a problem with the program i´d like to use.

does the nintendo wifi dongle work corretly?

the server program on my pc runs in background without doing anything.

i start with "connect to an ap" and then "search for an ap".

at this list there is an entry "C+S" an others with "C?S" WLAN" or "C?S default".

so now... when i use the default connection with the ip adress 192.168.1.1 for the dongle (same as gateway and dns) and the subnet 255.255.255.0 i´ll get the message that i´m connected... so far so good. chose udp test (point remote) and set the ip 192.168.1.1 again... right?

ok... i only get black screens. it doesn´t matter which buttons i press on the ds.

the firewall on the pc is swiched off.

i use m3 perfect adapter and passkey 2.

can someone explain me what i´m doing wrong? please explain it for a older person which is not so fit in computing :devilboy:

is there anything i have to set up in windows or something like that?

thank you very much for reading.

its about 9 days ago and no one here can answer the question, if the usb dongle works with this program? .......... :banghead: