PS2 input to laptop

Sturmvogel

I want to substitute my laptop for my Tv and play my ps2 with it. I'm sure there is a cable of some sort that will allow me to input the signal into my laptop for it to display.

My laptop has an S-video out port and external display port.

If you want to connect your PS2 to your laptop, your laptop needs an S-Video in connector, not out.

Because most graphics cards (or advanced motherboards) sport S-Video out because they are meant to hook to the TV. In the same manner, a PS2 is meant to be hooked to a TV, so the S-Video cable's connector is S-Video out.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

If you want to connect your PS2 to your laptop, your laptop needs an S-Video in connector, not out.

Because most graphics cards (or advanced motherboards) sport S-Video out because they are meant to hook to the TV. In the same manner, a PS2 is meant to be hooked to a TV, so the S-Video cable's connector is is S-Video out.

correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yeah the guy at Staples told me as much. Laptops don't have an S-video in or any type of input for that matter, only outputs.

Unfortunately my PCI is not working. It will cost to much to get it fixed. A tv tuner is my option perhaps.

Edited by Sturmvogel

then it would probably be cheapest to just buy a wireless router, and then either buy a wireless adapter for your PS2, Or Use a crossover cable from your laptop into your PS2 (which also means if you dont have wireless on your laptop you gotta buy a wireless adapter there too, but i think its still cheaper)

You can get wireless B Linksys routers on Ebay for like 10-20 bucks sometimes

then it would probably be cheapest to just buy a wireless router, and then either buy a wireless adapter for your PS2, Or Use a crossover cable from your laptop into your PS2 (which also means if you dont have wireless on your laptop you gotta buy a wireless adapter there too, but i think its still cheaper)

You can get wireless B Linksys routers on Ebay for like 10-20 bucks sometimes

That's seems very confusing...I have a wireless card. But I don't really want to complicate my setup by adding routers and what not.

Cheap switch: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16833124004

Then just buy an ethernet cable of the right length. I don't know why everyone is getting into this wireless thing. Ethernet cables are just as realible and SAFER then wireless.