Should posts in Forum Attack section count?

Robert

I was asked on MSN earlier should posts in the Attack System forum go towards your post count. At the time I had no opinion, but, thinking about it a bit more, I think they should.

The reason being that, more people might play the game which in turn means more members on the forum at a time. Of course, spam postings would no longer be allowed there.

What do you think?

Why does post count even matter? I say we get rid of post count all together.

It can easily be removed from being seen, but for all intents and purposes of use (For the attack system etc) it needs to remain.

I could edit it out of being shown in a matter of seconds, but even though I have the power to, physical alterations to anything more than member related stuff is Gamecop's call.

Same reason why I haven't increased the "Latest Posts" from 6 to 10 like was requested awhile back. I'm all for it, but it's not my call.

Edit: Gamecop is going to change Latest Posts to 10, but he wants post count to remain. Not like the latter change really matters.......mind you it would speed up page loads, since it's one less database entry to query for.

It lets you get closer to being an Ultimate Member.

K'dash is only 1500 posts away from getting the a-bomb.

Don't staff members like K'dash have access to the A-bomb anyway? :unsure:

No..you have to be a mod/supermod/admin to use the A-bomb.

Or Ultra Member (as Robbbert stated) which you need 10,000 posts to achieve. :)

You get a lot of extra goodies as Ultra Member as well. (do a search in the forums)