DS2Key - Original Thread

sypherce

I'd really like support for FPSs.

i really don't think this would be good on FPS, there's absolutely NOTHING that beats keyboard/mouse combo for FPS, where it really shines is playing more arcadeish games. i really like to play my snes roms with it.

Its just for braggin rights.

I participate in LAN parties very often (UT2K, and UT2K4 mainly), and i've been using the Dpad instead of the WASD keys.

If mouse was done and finished, i would use it very often, not only as an FPS joypad, but to control my pc from my couch :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooooooooo! I just got my g6 4g in the mail today (2st flashcart for anything ever for me) and i tried sgstair's wifi lib and it didnt work. then i tried ds2key. didnt work. they load and freeze after arm7init. im on a 1st gen silver ds, and if you can help me send an email to coincorbin10@gmail.com please! or post here... lol

Where exactly does it freeze? Does it show the first screen and just not respond? And which file did you use, the.nds or.ds.gba? If one doesn't work try the other with the appropriate extension.

Hello

when i'm trying too do the UDP TEST and i click on a button my computer tell me i have a Ip conflict, i think my router ip is 192.168.0.1, but i don't know what is my DS ip..? how i can know this?, and how i can repair the ip conflict?

Leave the settings as they are, just make sure the first 192.168.1.* are changed to 192.168.0.* for your setup. When you get to the last screen (it should have the "DEST IP:" followed by an IP) change the ip to your pc's ip. Tell me if you need any more help.

Edited by sypherce

If mouse was done and finished, i would use it very often, not only as an FPS joypad, but to control my pc from my couch :blink:

hehe well that's allready possible with pointyremote or win2ds :o, it's really a shame pointyremote didn't got a subforum too though.

As I told sypherce by email, do you think i can be usefull to have a "record keys combos"? Like you can record 4 combos, then you can replay them anytime when you touch the touchscreen. Can be usefull for fighters (like mortal kombat's finish moves)

Hmmm... I miss the .bat files, but that's because you could make multiple ones in order to have different configurations. All you had to do was run the correct.bat file. Which is why I'd like to suggest this:

Either make it so you can do a simple File>Open and choose a particular.ini file so you can have multiple ini's with different configurations, or make it so when you shortcut to the DS2Key exe you can add a switch of the ini you want that particular shortcut to load.

Ex: "C:\DS\DS2KEY\DS2Key.exe" -wmplayer.ini

Edited by analogman

Hmmm... I miss the   .bat files, but that's because you could make multiple ones in order to have different configurations. All you had to do was run the correct.bat file. Which is why I'd like to suggest this:

Either make it so you can do a simple File>Open and choose a particular.ini file so you can have multiple ini's with different configurations, or make it so when you shortcut to the DS2Key exe you can add a switch of the ini you want that particular shortcut to load.

Ex: "C:\DS\DS2KEY\DS2Key.exe" -wmplayer.ini

I fully agree with you on the multiple configurations, I'll see what i can do today, 0.3 will have it, maybe next version. Also i'm adjusting some of the functionality, fixing bugs. Winamp control shouldn't be to hard to implement either. I might get a new version out today... depends on when i get my ds back (my mom loves animal crossing).