GameStop “Having Major Troubles” Says Insider

Wizard

Things at GameStop apparently aren’t all gumdrops and lollypops. A manager at the retailer dropped word that “a few things have happened recently that have indicated that the company is having major troubles.” The insider goes on to state the following alarming information:

Last week we were given an email that told us that all employees of the company are having their hours reduced in order to “Protect Profits”. Store Managers must work extra hours as they are not paid hourly. This came along with another email and multiple phone calls from district managers saying that in the next month we MUST get massive amounts of reservations and Game Informer subscriptions. This is unusual for us because we always have some of the highest reservation and subscription rates in the company.

And what’s causing this? Our insider says:

I have heard rumors that they aren’t making enough to cover the large salaries in the upper management. This is the reason they have started selling Bundled Xbox 360’s on Gamestop.com for $1500 a piece even though the stores still haven’t even come close to satisfying all of the customers who reserved it over 6 months ago.

The manager goes on to say that some of the emails he has been receiving recently from the corporate offices “have made most of us a bit nervous about the welfare of the company.” He says that other area managers are calling and asking if he has any idea what’s going on, but even he seems to be in the dark. What about in Kotaku-land? Anybody with the inside scoop? If you work at GameStop and need commenting access, hit me up.

>>Kotaku.com

yes I ripped off the headline from the s-c thread

lol, fat chance. Execs will 99.9% of the time NEVER take a pay cut. Even if their companies are crashing and burning, they don't care, as long as they get their big fat paychecks.