Howard Stern careless of people pirating his show?

Alpha

Howard brought up that a listener in Boston has been pirating the show this week, and then re-broadcasting it, uncensored, on FM radio. In addition, Howard said that similar occurrences have been reported in Brooklyn and parts of New Jersey. Howard noted that it amazed him that people had the time to tape the show and arrange for it to be broadcast on FM radio, all while avoiding the FCC. After Gary pointed out that the act gave the show free publicity, Howard recommended that the news department do a story on a day in the life of someone who pirates his show.

In addition to the pirate story, Gary suggested that The News also do a piece on the lunch Jackie Martling had with Tom Chiusano yesterday. Although Howard confirmed that Jackie and Tom did get together, he added he doubted Tom was interested in hiring Jackie for another stint at KROCK. Gary then mentioned that he ran into Jackie earlier in the week and that he’s now selling the Gross Master Junior, which he noted is a machine designed for kids that tells jokes about “boogers and farts.” This led Howard to say that, with all the products Jackie puts out, he was pretty sure that for $10 Jackie would visit people’s homes to do his material.

Howard Stern is now reminding me of Michael Moore and how they both didn't care if the show was pirated or not, but to get as much publicity as possible. In a way, I'm not that surprised that Stern could care less. Afterall, he got the biggest contract ever, a "$500 million deal with Sirius is either a stroke of programming genius or a colossal waste of money." But anyways, at least we don't have to see those low class prostitutes anymore on VH1. :naughty:

I still don't see the draw to pay a monthly fee for RADIO! I don't care if it's digital satelite radio.

Can you choose what songs you listen to? Like ON DEMAND? If so then I can maybe see a bit of a draw. But are there home recievers for this? I've only ever seen car audio.

I still don't see the draw to pay a monthly fee for RADIO! I don't care if it's digital satelite radio.

Can you choose what songs you listen to? Like ON DEMAND? If so then I can maybe see a bit of a draw. But are there home recievers for this? I've only ever seen car audio.

No, you can't choose the songs you listen to like ON DEMAND. However, they have several categories of music to listen to. Example: 50's, 60's, 80's, 90's, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal Rock, etc. The car radio is no different than the handheld device.

If i had a show or a band that was really popular i wouldnt care if people pirated it, i thought the entire idea of a show/band was to get heard and express yourself anyway, not to be a moneymaking whore

plus its not like NO ONE will buy it, so youll still make money

If i had a show or a band that was really popular i wouldnt care if people pirated it, i thought the entire idea of a show/band was to get heard and express yourself anyway, not to be a moneymaking whore

I couldn't agree more

....but unfortunately, the economy is not run by artists, but by business-people and workers who work in distribution and publishing of sophisticated media

Edited by Weirdy

I couldn't agree more

....but unfortunately, the economy is not run by artists, but by business-people and workers who work in distribution and publishing of sophisticated media

I think that's the best post I've seen from Weirdy in years! :P

I couldn't agree more

I think that's the best post I've seen from Weirdy in years! :blink:

well it is true :P