fill your pc with 8 liters of cooking oil

Strip the fans out and fill your pc with cooking oil.

you'd hafta have real balls to attempt this, but if it really does work, i wonder why more people don't do it...

not only does it solve the sound and heating problem, but it also solves the dust problem.

excerpt:

aufmacher.jpg

Common sense dictates that submerging your high-end PC in cooking oil is not a good idea. But, of course, engineering feats and science breakthroughs were made possible by those who dared to explore the realms of the non-conventional. Members of the Munich-based THG lab are only too happy to confirm this fact. And not only did we find that our AMD Athlon FX-55 and GeForce 6800 Ultra equipped system didn't short out when we filled the sealed shut PC case with cooking oil - but the non-conductive properties of the liquid coupled created a totally cool and quiet high-end PC, devoid of the noise pollution of fans. The PC case - or should we say tank - also offered a new and novel way to display and show off your PC components.

edit: i had forgotten the link.

Edited by Elazul Yagami

If I were to do this I'd use something like DTE-25 Hydraulic Fluid. The next best thing would be sulfur free diesel (You won't find this at the pumps!). Both have far lower conductivity than vegetable oil, and far better heat dissipation properties. Have you ever noticed how even in the summer, diesel is cold?

Where could one get said sulfer free diesel.

There are certain places, and actually sulfur free diesel is available at the pumps in several places around the world. 18 stations in Scotland for instance already carry only Sulfur free diesel. btw, "Sulfur Free" isn't 100% free, it's just 10 PPM or less.

and wouldn't diesel catch fire from an electric spark?

Not as easy as even vegetable oil. You can toss a smoke into a bucket of diesel and it will just go out. Diesel powered vehicles use glo-plugs, not spark plugs.

Where could one get said sulfer free diesel.

There are certain places, and actually sulfur free diesel is available at the pumps in several places around the world. 18 stations in Scotland for instance already carry only Sulfur free diesel. btw, "Sulfur Free" isn't 100% free, it's just 10 PPM or less.

and wouldn't diesel catch fire from an electric spark?

Not as easy as even vegetable oil. You can toss a smoke into a bucket of diesel and it will just go out. Diesel powered vehicles use glo-plugs, not spark plugs.

Yeah the way a deiesel engine works is that the fuel is actually squirted into the chamber and is ignited with the friction of the compression of the chamber, not the "spark".

Edited by Cominus