so many forums...

Samor

I see a sticky at the top of this page, and I agree...

This forum isn't too alive, yet it's loaded with subforums... isn't it an idea to remove some of the less visited forums or merge a few? Or am I saying bad things now?

We have discussed this numerous times before and 1Emulation did go through a re-arrange just recently. That being said, things still aren't as optimal as we'd hope, so things will change again in the future.

When, I don't know.

• 7 months later...

Hmm i wonder wether its possible, with some addon or something, to choose which forums one gets displayed. That way everyone could limit the forums displayed to those he/she is interested in while keeping the broad interest covered.

For example i would remove the xbox, ps2 and DS and some other stuff from my personal frontpage.

Edited by Madman

You do know that you can "subtract" the places you don't want to see by clicking on the - sign right?

oh heck no. I didnt know that. *feels pretty dumb now* rofl

But thats not exactly what i need(ed). Sure helps something, but i like to take away the PS2 and PSP forums, yet see the PS1 forum. for example.

Edited by Madman

This forum is for all sorts of emulation . I think it is fine like it is .

People have real lifea and cannot be online 24/7

:o

You can never have too many forums. :wacko:

-----------

Seriously though even if 1emulation were to remove or merge a few forums it wouldn't be the same. Plus quite a few people are interested in these forums, some that you may not be interested.

Edited by Gabriel

• 3 months later...

I hope I don't get accused of necroposting, but I had an idea years ago: Have forums for each major company, like Nintendo, Sega, Sony, etc to cover the main consoles. Then you could do a catch-all forum for say, the Ataris and some of the other stuff like that. You could throw in an arcade forum and realistcally cover the whole spectrum in five forums. It might look something like this.

Nintendo

Sony

Sega

MAME

Other

I'd also consider lumping all the next gen console into one forum, but that's just me.