Analog Controller

critter

Ok I have ape escape and i tried to play it on epsxe well it starts playing running fine but then it says I don't have an analog controller plugged in, how do I fix this because I do have a usb analog controller.

The game itself is telling you that? Then you need to change the controller config in ePSXe. Theres a dropdown box that lets you choose from these options.

Digital Only

Digital/Analog

Digital/Analog Mouse T0

Digital/Analog Mouse T1

Digital/Gun

Digital/Mouse

Disabled

To my understanding ePSXe defaults to Digital/Analog mode, and if you ask me, you should use any other mode to play play most games. The only time you have to change the input type is when you play a Gun-Con game or a game that only recognizes Digital Only. (IIRC, Wild ARMs 2 is one of such games)

Nope, it defaults to Digital Only. Try it, open the gamepad config and hit "Default"

And why stick with digital only when you have an analog pad? I use my Dual Shock PS1 pad, why would I stick to Digital Only?

Nope, it defaults to Digital Only. Try it, open the gamepad config and hit "Default"

And why stick with digital only when you have an analog pad? I use my Dual Shock PS1 pad, why would I stick to Digital Only?

Ah, it does default to Digital Only. -_-

It's better to play with Analog even if you just have a keyboard, surprisingly.