General Emulation

OK, just so it's known, I'm not doing this to compete with anyone, I'm not trying to make something big. I just want to contribute to the wonderful technology that is emulation. And the reason I'm stating this, is because everyone I've shown my site to has misunderstood why I set it up.:D Anyways, it's a rather new site (just about a week old, so the forums are still a tad empty, which will hopefully change.:lol: All that aside, anyone is welcome to stop by and have a look or register if they so wish.:) Basically though I'm looking for feedback on site design, etc... So please feel free to let me know what you think.

General Emulation

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words guys.:lol: I know the loading time is rather long (depending on your available bandwidth) since the final swf was slightly more than 1.5 MB. I wanted to go for something a little different. I may attempt to make a home page in PHP, etc.. But for now I'll test run this one and see how it does.:D

Agozer: Yes, this site was made from a template I put together about a year ago and I was saving it for the right time. I think that time has come. I just used 3DSMax8 and Flash Pro 8 to put the animations together.

it looks great but that, at the same time, kinda kills the functionality.

If you want to check an emu site, you want to do so rather quick.

The loading time is a huge turnoff, despite the good looks.

This was kinda how I felt too. I'm thinking I may take some time and put together something in php/cgi, etc..... Thanks Samor.:)

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm about to redesign the homepage, and I'm wanting to do a more standard site design. I plan to use the forums as a backend and have the news posts show on the front page, so any help on how I'd do that would be greatly appreciated. I know that's what you guys do here, and it's a pretty good standard.:D I imagine that means a php homepage, though I'm not certain how I'd set it up. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Flash wise, the site is great. It didn't take very long to load, maybe 15-20 secs. But you have to take your users into account.

That's why I've decided to change the whole homepage, and go with something more standard. But I need some help with it, as me and php aren't exactly best friends.:D