Video having problems (DxDiag/Games)

Rag

I've been experiencing this problem on my computer but didn't notice it until today. Random parts in random games black out for no reason it seems. I ran DXdiag and the direct3d tests all failed. This was because the screen was just completely black. One of the directdraw tests (fullscreen test) failed because of the same symptoms. The weird thing is before the test ends for a split second sometimes I can see what the test was trying to show me (spinning DX logo) I am running with an ATI Radeon x700 with the latest drivers and catalyst 5.13

Ah, my apologies. Well I'm and idiot and didn't try reinstalling the drivers before anything else so I did so and now its working. Bah, sorry about this post. Flame if you wish.

Try reinstalling your drivers after cleaning up the old ones with driver cleaner. Might also want to reinstall directx.

If those two don't fix your problem, it's probably a hardware issue. Make sure your computer is well ventilated. You may also want to check your powersupply, though your card doesn't need much power.