Nodvd's: pain in the ass

tarkanX

The are no *good* no-DVD cracks for Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. The only way you can ever get it to work is to mount it with Daemon Tools, install it, use a few tools that are available (like SCure or StarForce Nightmare) which go around the StarForce protection by disabling your IDE drives, and then mounting a so-called "mini-image" to simulate a no-DVD crack.

Due to the nature of StarFroce and how it's implemented in POP3, no burned copies work. There are quite a number of sites that explain how to get POP3 working, but it takes a bit of work.

If you want a proper crack, you'll have to wait. StarForce, like any other copy-protection can be cracked. Many games that use SF have been cracked already. But the way SF tries to interfere with the hardware by resetting the DVD-ROM drive at a certain point, makes it hard to bypass. Not impossible, but hard.

thanks fr ur help guys but i just found a no dvd for battlefront AND QUAKE 4!!!(I found it off some forum when i was about to give up on the idea of playing battlfront LAN with my bro) Happy me!! :lol: il just play pop on my pc with the cd.....which i sold....so im back to square one with pop. :D but thanks anyway. i guess il be rippin those dvd drives, frequently, until I come up with a way to get around the copy protection.

Edited by tarkanX