DSWifi Lib - Q&A

sgstair

• 2 weeks later...

To get the includes to work, if you're working off the test app example, you'll notice there are include paths hardcoded into the makefiles. Go to the arm9 and arm7 makefiles and change the paths to where the lib is located on your computer. There's probably a better way to do this without hardcoding, but I'm no makefile expert.

-------------

Fixed my own problem because of a stupid bug :P

Edited by Sintax

Yeah, the test project does have hardcoded paths for the include files and libraries - in order to use the test project, just modify the paths in the makefile.

To make a new project, either add the include files' path to the makefile, or copy the include files into your project... then include the.lib files in your project too (could copy them to your project dir too)

-Stephen

When will you release your lib with TCP support ? You known that UDP isn't used at all on the internet...

The first reals internet apps will come when you will release DNS and TCP. Many devs and users are waiting for this first "useful" release for long times, and it doesn't arrive !..

When will you release your lib with TCP support ? You known that UDP isn't used at all on the internet...

The first reals internet apps will come when you will release DNS and TCP. Many devs and users are waiting for this first "useful" release for long times, and it doesn't arrive !..

actually udp is used quite a bit on the internet for streaming applications that do not require bit perfect transmission at the fastest possible speed.

edit. oh and thanks for the reply!

Edited by El_Hobito

• 2 months later...

i have some problem with the file sgIP_sockets.c of the lib source. I'm trying to compile ( devkitpro ) but some errors with pointers appear...

it is said :

"In file included from c:/Projects/HelloWorld/source/main.c:8:

C:\...\source\sgIP_sockets.c:81: warning: 'struct sockaddr_in' declared inside parameter list

C:\...\source\sgIP_sockets.c:81: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want

C:\...\source\sgIP_sockets.c: In function 'bind':

C:\...\source\sgIP_sockets.c:89: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

C:\...\source\sgIP_sockets.c:90: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type"

I have the same type of problem in function 'sendto' and recvfrom.

I have tried some possibility but none seem to work...

The code :

int bind(int socket, struct sockaddr_in *addr, int addr_len) 
{
retval=sgIP_UDP_Bind((sgIP_Record_UDP *)socketlist[socket].conn_ptr,
((struct sockaddr_in *)addr)->sin_port, //PROB HERE
((struct sockaddr_in *)addr)->sin_addr.s_addr); // PROB HERE
}

The function sgi^p_UDP_Bind is :

int sgIP_UDP_Bind(sgIP_Record_UDP * rec, int srcport, unsigned long srcip)

I have tried a cast, &, *... i don't find. :P

yorel:

The only thing I can think of is that you have your include directories set up wrong somehow. The code in the lib compiled on my end when I posted it, though there were a number of pitfalls as far as moving the project to anyone else's computer. If you can wait a few more days, the new lib version features an all new build system which should be able to build on any computer without issue.

-Stephen

Indeed, i change the struct sockadress_in of file and these errors have vanished... for others... Bouh Bouh Bouh...

i'm going to try an other solution. i have to do a conversation between a PC and a DS...

Jl