How do you clean a keyboard?

Alpha

Yeah that too, i think i should get into teh habit of buying crappy 5-10 dollar keyboards and then just throwing them out when they get too dirty or full of chunks that dont let me press the keys down all the way

Sometimes they have things on ebay where you get like 50 sets of keyboards/mice for cheap

I dont really think you can get away with using a cheap mouse though...thats just me

computer keyboards are submersible in water, it does not harm them. you just need to air them out over night or use a blow dryer.

That is so much bs. My keyboard broke because I tried cleaning it like that, now, thank god that I have a logitech Lol. I use the can sprays while the keyboard is upside down.

your keyboard must've been old then, Drake

I've spilled a little bit of coffee on the previous two I've had (on a separate machine btw) and water and soda, and they function just as they did when they were new

just make sure liquids don't spill through any cracks leading inside (inside != below the tops to the keys)

:)

A "Spillproof" keyboard doesn't mean you can submerse it in water, there are still openings to the innards through the slots the keys sit in. I have a "Spillproof" keyboard, and sure it's great for spilling stuff on and not having it cause some issues, but stuff still gets inside on the circuitboard. Just not as easily, or as much as a non-spillproof.

Keep submersing your keyboard in water and see what happens to the edge connector on the circuitboard.

:P

A "Spillproof" keyboard doesn't mean you can submerse it in water, there are still openings to the innards through the slots the keys sit in. I have a "Spillproof" keyboard, and sure it's great for spilling stuff on and not having it cause some issues, but stuff still gets inside on the circuitboard. Just not as easily, or as much as a non-spillproof.

Keep submersing your keyboard in water and see what happens to the edge connector on the circuitboard.

maybe he oughta submerse his with the keys facing downward :)