Favorite "One Hit Wonder" Song?

Alpha

I've been listening to "MC Hammer - You can't touch this" for a couple months now and the song never seems to get old. On VH1, the number one song was the "Macarena". Good lord did I hate that song fast. I wonder what MC Hammer is doing now of days. It's a shame that Whitney Houston went to the crapper with her stupid reality show. Oh and who can forget Vanilla Ice and his song matching the beat from the song by Queen. So tell us your favorite "One Hit Wonder" and explain why. :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to go with Macarena, not because the song is good, but because it brings back a lot of good memorys of me when I was young.

Definately. Loads of memories because of that song.

I can't stand either of those. And I wouldn't call Whitney Houston or Queen "one hit wonders".

I'm a fanboi of 70's music, there were so many great one hit wonders it's hard to choose the best. But I'll go for "Radar Love" by Golden Earring.

I'd have to go with Macarena, not because the song is good, but because it brings back a lot of good memorys of me when I was young.

Definately. Loads of memories because of that song.

Yes. Macarena was good. Still, most of the songs become increasingly irritating as time passes.

I've been listening to "MC Hammer - You can't touch this" for a couple months now and the song never seems to get old. On VH1, the number one song was the "Macarena". Good lord did I hate that song fast. I wonder what MC Hammer is doing now of days. It's a shame that Whitney Houston went to the crapper with her stupid reality show. Oh and who can forget Vanilla Ice and his song matching the beat from the song by Queen. So tell us your favorite "One Hit Wonder" and explain why.  :P

Hammer had more then one hit. I think.... but I can't remember any of them right now. but I remember hammer being all over teh radio back in Jr high. he's a preacher now.

most of the bands I listen to are considered "no-hit-wonders"

or the kinda bands that have been around for 15 years then finally get a hit and then get nominated for "best new artist" lol