Multitasking, can you handle it?

Alpha

Yesterday was a very stressful day and I barely got any sleep. I've been working to get some 1Emulation Sponsors for the last 3-4 months. Also I've been working on a network site called 1Mugen for the Mugen fans out there. Lastly, 1Emulation v3.0 has also been a pain in the ass since I'm still sketching new ideas and emailing it to our coder. I've also been trying to get a Shoutcast server with no avail because I wanted to do a mini Radio Show. And also I have the stress of my real life put together into one ball that just hit me really hard in the face. I ended up losing all my patience, gave one of the sponsors a deadline (Jan 1. 2006), and snapped at one of the 1Mugen crew members and then it ricocheted back to one of the main crew guys. He get's pissed, leaves, doesn't want to talk to me to fix the problem, and then I wake up and I realize what the hell just happened.

Oh yeah, and my entire computer is a mess. I got icons going over the screen on my desktop and barely 200MB of space left on all my drives. Every software loves to crash on my computer, even notepad. I got a new dvd burner on the side of my desk waiting to be installed, but I can't install it since I have too much other crap to do. I also need to open up my other computer and install a new HD and graphics card which is also sitting there collecting dust (bought all this stuff on Black Friday). I probably won't have time to do it until sometime in January. I've given a lot of leeway with our sponsors, and have been consistently asking them when it will be done. I think I gave too much time and I just feel they put me on the lowest priority list. The IceCast server on 1Emulation is also down, so I can't use that either.

I've been extremely stressed out and have been trying to get anything done, but it seems almost impossible. Now I'm the bad guy again with the 1Mugen guys, "I stabbed them in the back", because I talked bad about one of the guys and told them to start working together. I guess you can call me "ScroogeCop" for Christmas time. Now that we're entering 2006, I just hope that we can expand bigger than ever. That is my ultimate goal, and I hope 1Emulation v3 will be created. It would also be nice to see some more users on our forum in the IRC channel on EFNET. It's a shame that 95% of the people in there are not even registered on the forum.

With all the hell I've gone through, I'd wish nobody the hardship I go through outside of my real life when it comes to the Internet. Too many people, no rules or regulations, and you need to fight through the crowd to reach the front row (#1).

Take care guys, drive safely, and happy holidays...

Regards,

GameCop

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope your christmas and holiday season will turn out better for you. We'll always be here and supporting you (hopefully lol).

Btw The topic is misleading. I thought it would be a topic about multi-tasking but wow was I wrong :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope your christmas and holiday season will turn out better for you. We'll always be here and supporting you (hopefully lol).

Btw The topic is misleading. I thought it would be a topic about multi-tasking but wow was I wrong :)

Well, for the past couple months I've been working on a bunch of things (listed above) at once. This equals "Multitasking", and I ask if you can handle it.

i know the feeling not too long ago i ended up in some mixup with a few guys over at emulation64 and one of the staff members of my site. As for the icons on your desktop trust me your not alone :)

Don't let this type of stuff get too you. sometimes the best thing todo is to take sometime off and concentrate on other matters. i've been doing this for a few days now and its seems to be working for me quite nicely.

i hope all of you guys enjoy your christmas especially you GameCop. We all have goals for 2006. preperations is important. but working with frustration will only slow you down and hopefully lose interest.

- LoRd_SnOw

Edited by LoRd_SnOw

dude, trust me that's quite normal.

when i ran zophar, i ended up getting into so much crap with the staff...until i more or less quit.

on my own network, an incident happened a while back, which caused a few people to leave (people i actually liked) becuase a few of them broke some rules, and when i took action, i was branded as an "asshole"

so yeah, being a manager doesn't mean you're supposed to always be nice... sometimes you CAN"T be nice.

so yeah, being a manager doesn't mean you're supposed to always be nice... sometimes you CAN"T be nice.

That true, I completely agree with you; sometimes you have take action againts these so-called idiot or arseholes by being mean to them.

I can handle multi-tasking I basicly live though my life multi-tasking. (that doesn't mean I don't get any stress) :P