Are Americans Addicted to Technology?

CJ Jackson

Posted by Zonk  on Friday December 23, @09:51PM

from the i-actually-need-the-high-speed-internets-though dept.

Technology United States

jomammy writes "According to a recent Wired article, the majority of Americans are becoming increasingly dependant on their gadgets. High speed internet seems to be the one most determined to be a 'necessity'. A third of the country is said to pay more than $200.00 a month for their addiction, where 4 out of 10 pay between $100.00 and $150.00 a month. Other items in this list of 'gadgets' include, mp3 players, dvd players, laptops, handhelds, etc." How addicted are we? How addicted are you?

Link

While I was in florida, I have noticed that every cop car has a laptop in; most of the time they use it for general stuff more then actual police business. :)

Any opinions anybody? :)

I'd have to say that I think Technology is taking over the American world. Just yesterday I went to a grocery store and now they have TV's at the checkout stands showing the news and commercials. It really annoyed me more than pleased me. 10 years from now, the world and internet will be much different. Bill Gates is right now designing a watch that projects a keyboard and computer in the air from the watch which you can type, etc. To be honest, I miss the old days, and I probably won't enjoy what the future holds.

Bill Gates is right now designing a watch that projects a keyboard and computer in the air from the watch which you can type, etc.

Are you serious? That would be the crap if I can get one :P.

Yeah, and also you have to project the keyboard on a flat surface for it to work. It should be out in the mainstream probably a couple years from now.