To MameOx 0.97

bendermike

yes theres a original mameox done by team mameox which haven't done anything lately, project then went to xport who added the virtual memory and updating it to v84 but that was it for official releases.

i can't agree with bendermike "stolen source" since i can recall he was giving it freely with the xbe in torrents.

I know him he was cool with it. He released the sources no issues as I will give him everything so far if he wants it no worries.

But its was mame b6 (a few others) --- mameox --- mameox(export version) ---bendrmike mameox --- mamedox --- $hk build was half mamedox and mameox export by looks

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

MAMEdOX was stolen Bendermikes source with improvements and a few of them by HK$ himself

PS you can have full names or shortened names no problems at all :ph34r:

no way jose... its the greatest idea ever... WE WANT the short names !!!

why the hell on earth would it cause problems... there's still crc, not?

:cry:

well its too late for a xmas release... but maybe a new year's edition would be really nice :huh:

Edited by manu_xl

What is the best way to tell if a new driver will work in Mameox?

I have the ability to re-compile mameox.084b3 with a driver from a game I want to play which wasn't added to mame until.086u5

The driver is nmg5.c for New Multi Game 5

I'm figuring IF the driver doesn't depend on any changes to the mame core since the last mameox release then it would work ok otherwise it would fail to run or be unplayable due to inputs or mappings. I was going to compile from the mameox.084b3 sources and jus add the driver and any #includes for that game but I don't want to waste the time in doing this if there's a way to tell if it's not going to work based on something i could check first. Any help would be GREAT - thanks

• 5 years later...

what an exciting "news", any comments BP ? any progress with the sources and why it was discontinued ?

another question: Why Midway games, especially Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate are not running at full speed with sound enabled ? because of the 0.84 core ? the drivers are not optimized ? or the hardware needs powerful cpu to run ?