'Intelligent design' teaching ban

taratata

The reason that religion isn't taught in public schools is because public schools are government controlled, and anything government affiliated must be neutral on the stance of religion. Private schools can do what they want, however.

And if you were really concerned with your religion, you'd find time to teach the kids yourself. After all, being a parent is teaching the kid life lessons. Do your job, lazy bastards.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really don't get what the big deal is.

firstly, why does evolution go against intellegent design?

what makes anyone believe that the higher being didn't create the initial form of everything, and let it thrive on it's own? (you know, like A.I, you give the basics, and then the system starts to learn on it's own)

Intelligent design is a movement that basically says that stuff is too complex to have arisen from evolution. So in that sense they go against one another. But since you you are talking about the larger idea that a higher power created a universe which has "machinary" in which the laws of physics, biology, chemistry, etc. function then there isn't much conflict there. That is how many people, including many scientists, balance science and their faith. Evolution is not concerned with higher powers and stuff. I can only explain real world stuff. Anything extra you want to believe is up to you, don't expect science to help there. That's why it can't be taught in a science class room.

secondly

why not make it a choice matter?

freedom=freedom of choice.

NOT "having someone else's choice imposed on me"

saying no religion in school, is saying people who want religon in school aren't allowed to get what they want, while people who DON"T want religion in school get what they want.

so why not make it a choice thing? each student's parents sign a form that says if they want it or not.

then they split the students or something.

that way, both sides when, no one loses, freedom is kept intact.

Well that's because of the constitution and also because of limited funds. There just isn't the time, resources, or space to do such things. Also, it shouldn't be up to the public school system to teach religion. It's up to the parents to do that. And parents have a choice because they can send their children to private school, teach them at home, or some kind of Sunday school. There are some schools that have philosophy classes and such but that's only in the well funded, upper class school districts where they can afford the teachers. That's another practical reason of how Intelligent Design in school is useless since there is such little exposure to any one topic in a high school biology class it's practically useless.

i can understand the reasons, but then again, where does the tax money come from?

again, it's one person's "freedom" disallowing another person's "freedom"

however, doesn't the whole "no religon" in school thing, kinda become "anti-religon" period? i mean, i know alot of you don't care much for religon, but still, if you were into religon do you want your kids to go to a place where subtlely religon is made bad?

besides, what's next? applying a ban on religous symbols like france did?

In what way is not teaching about religion making religion bad?

You're saying that this goes against one's freedom of choice, choice to have religion taught in school. Would you say the same thing if some parents asked that "superiority of the white race" or some other bullshit be taught in school? Should school teach whatever any stupid parent ask?

Also, remember that ID would have been taught to all children, not just christian children.

But it all comes down to the point that it's not up to the public school system to teach religion because they can't and they shouldn't. It's up to parents to teach it to their children if they want them to believe in it. That's what parenting is.

But it all comes down to the point that it's not up to the public school system to teach religion because they can't and they shouldn't. It's up to parents to teach it to their children if they want them to believe in it. That's what parenting is.

i agree actually.

i'm just looking at it from all points.

(for example, since hte two dominant religons in egypt are islam and christianity, my school used to have "religon class" in which we were split based on religon to learn our faith. we WERE however allowed to attend the other class to learn if we wished.