'Intelligent design' teaching ban

taratata

A court in the US has ruled against the teaching of "intelligent design" alongside Darwin's theory of evolution.

A group of parents in the Pennsylvania town of Dover had taken the school board to court for demanding biology classes not teach evolution as fact.

The authorities wanted to introduce the idea that Earth's life was too complicated to have evolved on its own.

Judge John Jones ruled the school board had violated the constitutional ban on teaching religion in public schools.

BBC News

:rofl:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been evolving over the last few centuries.........just in minor ways that don't seem significant. There are some things we are not as susceptible to anymore that we were a thousand years ago, and I don't mean diseases that have been erradicated by the use of drugs.

People live longer on average than they did just one hundred years ago, and this is not entirely thanks to medical practices. The average human lifespan is longer period.

Plenty of other small insignificant things. You'll never be around to "witness" a major change, they don't occur as a major change.........thats called a mutation lol

We have been evolving over the last few centuries.........just in minor ways that don't seem significant. There are some things we are not as susceptible to anymore that we were a thousand years ago, and I don't mean diseases that have been erradicated by the use of drugs.

People live longer on average than they did just one hundred years ago, and this is not entirely thanks to medical practices. The average human lifespan is longer period.

Plenty of other small insignificant things. You'll never be around to "witness" a major change, they don't occur as a major change.........thats called a mutation lol

Don't forget how humans have been getting significantly taller over the past few centuries. There's actual proof of that.

Anyways, intelligent design is flocking retarded. I'm amazed it was allowed into schools in the first place.

Don't forget how humans have been getting significantly taller over the past few centuries. There's actual proof of that.

Anyways, intelligent design is flocking retarded. I'm amazed it was allowed into schools in the first place.

i thought people are getting shorter, cuz i keep seeing short kids in my school including me anyway y do people argue about the creation of men when we should worry about the future instead