slow as flock torrents

Elazul Yagami

i just got shared dsl, so i set up the router and everything (port forwarded) but for some reason, bittorrents still remain incredibly slow (bittornado stays in the yellow state), even though there are a shitload of seeders, and that everything else is downloading fast..

any suggestions on what to do?

Since most DSL providers will give you a DSL/Router combo device, you could try port-forwarding. http://www.portforward.com has instructions for common routers on how to enable port forwarding on those routers.

Also, your firewall might also be the culprit by always-yellow bittorent connections, try changing it's settings to allow bittorent to use any port it desires.

i've already port forwarded for the right ip address, but it's not working

(didn't i mention that?)

and as for a firewall, i don't have a firewall on my system (unless you count windows firewall) so should i disable that, and the router firewall?

i've already port forwarded for the right ip address, but it's not working

(didn't i mention that?)

and as for a firewall, i don't have a firewall on my system (unless you count windows firewall) so should i disable that, and the router firewall?

i killed the router firewall.

still yellow/

well, thanks to the site strider posted, my problem is solved.

i just needed to forward 4 more ports (10000 to 10004) so yeah, i'm good now :rofl:

any torrents worth downloading these days? (hypothetical question, do not answer, and no i'm not solicitating pirated material.)