WiFi Transfer

bafio

I saw you updated on http://www.drunkencoders.com/ and downloaded both the new wifitransfer & chat

but neither works for me :/

So heres some debug data for you :P

Ok im using a M3 SD, firmware 14, copy the games to the flashcart with direct copy & no trim (so it makes a savegame)

But it doesnt work, for wifitransfer:

I start the server, runs fine, no errors, select directory. (suggestion: it would be handy for future releases if it saved the directory you pick for when you start the program again)

Then i try the DS side.

When i run wific, i get an message on the top screen saying:

reading config file

and then nothing happens. I've waited a couple of minutes but well nothing ever happens. Anyway how could it be reading a config file anyway, its the first time i run the program.

Or it could also be an error with the M3 SD or something. Even with the latest moonshell that has SD support, and even with the version from the m3adapter site, moonshell crashes the moment it loads. I see the menu, see time bar, couple of windows, but whatever button i press or part of menu i touch it does nothing, it just hangs. This might be the same thing here, the program hanging the moment it reads the SD card ?

When i run wific2 it goes a lot better. It gives this info on the top screen:

Welcome: capnduck
192.168.0.189 (-- static ip it chose itself ?, i never got to enter anything)

set static ip
Connecting to AP... Connecting to AP... Connecting to AP... Connected! timeout.... is the server up? timeout.... is the server up? (--etc)

And well thats just about it. Still it didnt ask on any settings ever so somethings going wrong here. Probably since its just connecting without ever asking me to put in some settings o_o. How in hell is it supposed to know what IP my computer is on huh ? :)

So when does it ask for settings ? And can i try put my own settings file on the sd card ?. Because of this, well i cant run wifichat either because it needs the settings from wifitransfer :/

Anyway i hope this information can help you in fixing it :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic