WiFi Transfer

bafio

*****WARNING*****

I tried this on my SuperCard CompactFlash and after running it, the DS froze, and then FORMATTED my CF card.

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! Or at least if you're going to try it, BACK UP your save games.

--Hank

LOL

LOL? I don't see anyone laughing. If you've got nothing useful to say, then keep your posts to yourself. It's a waste of time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*****WARNING*****

I tried this on my SuperCard CompactFlash and after running it, the DS froze, and then FORMATTED my CF card.

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! Or at least if you're going to try it, BACK UP your save games.

--Hank

Ops...

Sorry abut that, there is not very much error control on the software, but I think I know what the bug may be...

Next release in the next days (maybe a week) will hopefully fix that (it happened to me too once) and make the transfer much more reliable (using the new release of the lib.

Bafio

*****WARNING*****

--Hank

Ops...

Sorry abut that, there is not very much error control on the software, but I think I know what the bug may be...

Next release in the next days (maybe a week) will hopefully fix that (it happened to me too once) and make the transfer much more reliable (using the new release of the lib.

Bafio

well this is udp/ip! its really not designed for file transfer since its not for reliable data transfer. it may be better just to wait for tcp

*****WARNING*****

--Hank

Ops...

Bafio

well this is udp/ip! its really not designed for file transfer since its not for reliable data transfer. it may be better just to wait for tcp

Actually I meant the software itselt. UDP has nothing to do with formatting the CF. It is not a problem also to transfer files with UDP, as long as you implement some flow control and error detection.

The real problem was not to be able to transmit back once started receiving the packets.

The new release of the library fixes that, so this will make reliable transfers possible.

Obviously TCP is easyer to use and will make it much easyer to implement a transfer, but I don't see it in the really near future.

Bafio

Hi!

I just updated the program, this time it uses the latest SgStair library.

The protocol now works with syncronization, it's a bit slower now but much safer.

Changes:

Version 0.7

Uses the new 0.2b release of the library. This fixes the send problem there

was before, so:

* modified transmission protocol. Now it should be ok for file transfer even when

there is packet loss! Remember to run also the new version of the server

* Removed some debug info

* hopefuly fixed some issues that could generate file loss on the CF in certain situations

Hi!

I compiled a version using your updated drivers, so it's based on version 0.7.

As I said before, I did not test this, so

*** I make no guarantees. ***

IF you have a Supercard SD and want to try it, you can get it at:

http://www.geocities.com/bafiollo/wifitransfer_07SCSD.zip

Right now I want to make the file transfer faster, it's prettiy slowright now with version 0.7, then I'll release the code.

Bafio

Hi!

I compiled a version using your updated drivers, so it's based on version 0.7.

I registered just to thank you for this, this version worked perfectly on my SCSD :D

The config file was saved and loaded perfectly and a test file i tried was copied to my sd card and i could boot it from the supercard menu.

So thanks again :)

Hi!

Version 0.8 is out,

main chenges:

In this version,I changed the protocol again :D and it works a bit more like the old one

so you can slow the transfer down by using the delay bar if you run into transfer errors.

* FAST! File transfer is now almost as fast as it gets, 84KBs here on my machine!.

* Direct connection,so you don't have to pass all the connection setting screens

* Some other minor changes

I think this should work reliably to everybody, but I can't be sure, so I appreciate some feedback to undestand if the new protocol is really reliable.

Cheers

Bafio

Hi!

There's a new release, now with source code!

Plus bugfixes...

see here: New home

Version 0.9 RC

Big news:

* The *source code* is distributed

- The paths are all relative to the directory and Sgstair's lib

is included so it should be easy to compile. All you need is

the latest DevKitPro

NOTE: No spaces in the path to the source...

* New app, wific2, (execute for GBAMP only) downloads and executes the file named test.nds

from the server, without all the setting screen (using the ones saved

from wific), for fast testing during development

* Some important bugfixes:

- The discovery code was wrong, this time server discovery sould work

better.

- The settings sometimes were not put in the wifi, so you could not

(at times) interact with the server. So the 'I can't get the list of

file' bug (at least in some occasions)

* Poversaving

- close the DS goes in standby

- you can turn off the upper screen by pressing select at the main menu

* The java server now has commandline: