Chronicles of Narnia

Lucandrake

grrr....i wanted to see this movie soo badly='( but i ended up going to "snatas enchanted forest"...its amazing..i was the one who bought all seven books and so far my brothers been the one reading them='(....i just never put maximum effort in reading...even though so far its been pretty good...im still on the first book..."the magicians nephew"...so next comes "the lion the wicth and the wardrobe"...and i wanna read em before wtahcing the movie so im kinda glad i didnt go...anyways even though the books are childish becuase they got p;ictures and stuff...they are vgery good and i tkhink everyone should read at least one of them :P

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read only like 3 of the books. As a young kid I couldn't tolerate the latter books so I just threw them over my shoulder and began reading other books.

(and I'm not surprised that networks like disney are using violence. It's probably the only way to appeal to kids nowadays)

I was surprised just because it was Disney, period. Movie is rated PG-13 btw....

Oh cmon. Generations of people are changing. Random acts of stupid comedy and "safe" violence don't really appeal to kids anymore (tom and jerry). Disney has to change to keep up with the competition.

One of my favorite RPGs is Xenosaga and that has so many damn religious

references.  Hell, there is even a symbolic Jesus figure (his actual name IS Jesus).

Not from the Bible directly, but scifi elements circling Friedrich Nietzsche's philosophy. Nietzsche's books Jenseits von Gut und Böse (Beyond Good and Evil) and Also Spracht Zarathustra (Also Spoke Zarathustra) are heavy reference material in the Xenosaga trilogy's titles and contents.

Yes, there are biblical references because Nietzsche's own work had biblical references.

EDIT - Also, what do you mean my religious propaganda?  I don't see CoN trashing women and putting them down.

Nor is there kid stoning....

Not from the Bible directly, but scifi elements circling Friedrich Nietzsche's philosophy. Nietzsche's books Jenseits von Gut und Böse (Beyond Good and Evil) and Also Spracht Zarathustra (Also Spoke Zarathustra) are heavy reference material in the Xenosaga trilogy's titles and contents.

Yes, there are biblical references because Nietzsche's own work had biblical references.

Correct! Edited by K`dash

One of my favorite RPGs is Xenosaga and that has so many damn religious

references.  Hell, there is even a symbolic Jesus figure (his actual name IS Jesus).

It's not only from Neietzesche.

Also from Gnosticism and about a million philosophies and religions.

(Note: I just said that to prove that bible elements can be used to retell stories without being "propaganda.")