Need New Graphics Card

Well, i'm tired with my computer freezing and not being able to play games so i've decided to get a new graphics card. I am not sure which one to get but I need one that would cost $150 canadian or less and that I could buy at store in Ontario seeing as how I don't really want to wait for it to be shipped from a site or something. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, so 150 CAD is 129.506 USD. I would suggest waiting for the shipping since stores are usually more expensive. I'm only going to recommend online stores so take that as you may. NCIX seems to be Canada's most popular online hardware store. Here is a link to their graphics cards.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?min...ubminorcatid=49

GeForce 6600GT for around $180 CAD so not much more than your current price: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?min...ubminorcatid=49

It's a good card.

You're tired of your computer freezing, so you're getting a new graphics card?

Please tell me you've taken the time to diagnose the problem and actually come to the conclusion that the current card is the culprit.

I hate seeing people waste money on something only to find out it wasn't the real problem to begin with.

Before anyone can really recommend any video card, you should post the rest of your computer specs.

That's true but I'm going to jump the gun and go with Gryph- get a 6600GT. It is best value for the price I've ever seen. I think the only question is whether your board is PCIx or AGP only. Either way just get this card.

Edited by DragonKeeper

First thing I would say right off the bat is check the power supply. Devices hooked up to your computer have priority (obviously), and PCI/AGP have lesser priority for you output, hence the freezing. Go for something AT LEAST in the lower 400's as far as wattage is concerned. That right there should help your problem.