Gamerz and Lamerz

Alpha

Are you a cheater in games :jawb:? I myself probabally 99.9% of the time look up cheats and codes for the games I get. From fighting games to sports game, I am probabally the LameGamerCop :D. The only game that I have really strived on is the Zelda games, otherwise I will be looking on IGN.com for a code or something!

So how about you.. gamer or lamer? :lol:

ME! is a 100% gamer!! and dont you forget it!! :D i dont care if im stuck on a game for years, i refuse to look up any codes, cheats or even a walkthrough until i have beaten the game on my own. why bother getting the game otherwise. :jawb:

I hardley ever cheat in games. I did buy the book for FF 7 because I didn't want to miss anything, but thats about it.

I used to yell at my Nephew all the time about cheating in games. I gave him my copy of Doom on PSX a few years back, and everytime I saw him playing it he was using the invinceability cheat. Now, don't get me wrong, but whats the point of playing Doom if you can't die??? I don't see how the game would be fun without the threat of dying! Not to mention all the time I spent getting through all 70+ levels the hard way when I had it.

A lot (not all) of younger gamers today biatch and moan that game prices are too high for what you get, and say sh*t like, "I am not paying $50 for a game that I will get through in 2 days!!!". Well.....if you want to get your money's worth.....don't play for 5 minutes and then start punching the cheat codes in. The game experience will last longer, you'll get the satisfaction of compleating it on your own, and you may even learn how to think through given problems/puzzles a little better!

Sorry for the mini-rant.....'nuff said :jawb:

I dont Cheat Very Often.

The only games I Cheat on Are those Scare Suspensful Games.

The Cheats puts off a lot of scariness but it's still pretty frightening with cheats.

For Instance, Unreal 2 has a lot of walking along and a monster or bad guy just pops out of nowhere screaming.

Otherwise its still pretty fun with and without cheats.

Unreal 2 Is Funny and fun because I seriously jump 2 feet in the air when someone talks to me whenever in the game, or out of the game when im playing it.

because ive got 2 young kids i have 2 ways to play, if the kids are awake then i cheat so i can leave a game at any time to check on them. It also makes for faster less immersive gameplay which is definately what you need with a 2 year old hanging around.

But when theyve gone to bed the serious play starts and cheats dont happen.

I also make a point of playing already completed levels when the kids are around so it doesnt make it easier at night.

Its the perfect balance for me.

yea I cheat alot but only on street fighter games and those kind.

For RPGs I only go to see codes when I finish or can´t pass something that I have tried for long time

I only use cheats when I have finished a game. Once it's completed it can be good fun to go through it again and not worry about dieing. I don't think people who cheat are lame though heh, I just think that if you pay £30 for a game then you would be stupid to cheat your way through it without getting your money's worth. It's also pretty cool to use action replay to try out different hacks (like the nude code for DOA2 on Dreamcast :jawb: ). I hate using walkthroughs too. I may only plan to look at one tiny section but then I can't stop myself reading more and more and I then keep referring back to it without really thinking about solutions myself. I suck!

The only kind of cheaters that I hate are those that cheat in online games (eg Phantasy Star Online, Counterstrike etc). I really don't see the point. You don't learn anything, you still suck, everyone can see you cheat and you may end up getting banned(hopefully). Don't cheat in online games or I will send Celine Dion round your house!

I only use game guides, and only when i have been stuck for days

One of the problems were i used a guide was with that terribile puzzle section in the first onimusha,.

I think if you are stuck on a game and the pleasure you wore reciving from the game tuns to frustration or boredom, i say use a guide, but dont

cheat.

Sure it crosses my mind when im playing pikmin i think i need a million reds maybe a cheat will do.

But i do not do it, i used to chet all the time when i was a kid it was the cool thing to do. :jawb:

i cheat when the games becomes too difficult and it has stopped being fun anymore. whats the point of dying continually or getting compleltey lost and having to wonder around aimlessly? i cheated on spider-man on the hard level to skip two levels as it had just stopped being fun and i was developing an obsessive/complusive disorder!