What are you playing right now?

Nusumenai

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn based? Ugghh like those old Panzer General games? Now I'm really turned off.

It's not a genre that really floats that many peoples' boats. That's why there are so few of them. But I kind of like it that way so the market isn't flooded with them and there is usually one best one (usually Civ).

But Civ is much broader than Panzer General. Actually, combat isn't really a huge focus of the game.

Cold Fear.

Thinking of going with either Chrono Cross, Xenosaga II, or Tales of Eternia after that.

Would Tales of Eternia happen to be "Tales Destiny II" on PSone?

In case you haven't played Chrono Cross, I would suggest that first. It's the second best RPG on the PSone in my opinion.

Tales of Destiny II is an awsome game too. I'd rank it up there with Chrono Cross and Xenogears. It's a simple, traditional storyline but it's very touching and interesting. The combat and the gameplay is awsome too. Lots of things to do.

I can only recommend Xenosaga II if you are a fan of the series and have played the first. The storyline is hard enough to follow having played it.

Anyways, despite what you may have heard.

Xenosaga II is a great game. Beautiful music (atleast the movie scenes), nice graphics (though they lack the detail of the first) and a very innovative battle system. It's tough, and hard to get use to. And unless you loved the repetitive Xenogears esque system, I think you will love how involved battles are now. The story is good, but I'll admit could have done a much better job of telling it.

Cold Fear.

Thinking of going with either Chrono Cross, Xenosaga II, or Tales of Eternia after that.

In case you haven't played Chrono Cross, I would suggest that first. It's the second best RPG on the PSone in my opinion.

Tales of Destiny II is an awsome game too. I'd rank it up there with Chrono Cross and Xenogears. It's a simple, traditional storyline but it's very touching and interesting. The combat and the gameplay is awsome too. Lots of things to do.

I can only recommend Xenosaga II if you are a fan of the series and have played the first. The storyline is hard enough to follow having played it.

Xenosaga II is a great game. Beautiful music (atleast the movie scenes), nice graphics (though they lack the detail of the first) and a very innovative battle system. It's tough, and hard to get use to. And unless you loved the repetitive Xenogears esque system, I think you will love how involved battles are now. The story is good, but I'll admit could have done a much better job of telling it.

Ugh, XS2 is garbage compared to the first one. Removal of teh Tech system in battle, and the new art is utter crap. Music otherwise lives up to the first one. Goodthing XS3 added the missing features which were in XS1. INCLUDING the Tech System.

Also, Mok-kos is just plain frightening.

Cold Fear.

Ugh, XS2 is garbage compared to the first one. Removal of teh Tech system in battle, and the new art is utter crap. Music otherwise lives up to the first one. Goodthing XS3 added the missing features which were in XS1. INCLUDING the Tech System.

Also, Mok-kos is just plain frightening.

Shut the hell up man.

Tech system is so stupid it's not even funny.

The hole game you do the same exact thing, battle after battle.

Once you get X-Buster and everyones trademark area attack there is very little reason to do anything but that.

But I guess you are turn off by the hole having to think before you attack thing. I weep for you.

EDIT - Telos has been in since Episode I, glad they are finaly gonna reveal her. :)

Edited by Nusumenai