What are you playing right now?

Nusumenai

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this would be a neat topic idea.

So, everyone share your thoughts and opinions on the games you are currently playing.  ;)

I'm re-playing SMT: Digital Devil Saga I right now in preparation for Digital Devil Saga II.  I've watched the intro movie and played a bit of the intro dungeon.  It's looking mighty fine.  Love the new tunes and the berserk forms looks awsome.  Though, i'm wondering why they weren't bundled together...  Looks/plays exactly the same.

I'm also playing Vampire - Bloodlines.  Loving the story... however, performance leaves a lot to be desired.  It's strange, the game plays the same regardless of settings.  It also runs better with AA turned up to 6 (what the hell?).  The combat is funky... feels like GTA3.  Firearms physics and system are so lame.  You'd think a game based of the Source engine would handle that a lot better.  Still, it's a good game and I'll keep playing it.

If you had purchased the collector's edition, you would've gotten one of those nice box things that had space to put the second Digital Devil Saga case in. I need to pick up the second one, yet. I just beat Advance Wars DS and unlocked Von Bolt, I'm still playing World of Warcraft, and I've got a little Disgaea going on the side.

I thought this would be a neat topic idea.

So, everyone share your thoughts and opinions on the games you are currently playing.  :)

I'm re-playing SMT: Digital Devil Saga I right now in preparation for Digital Devil Saga II.  I've watched the intro movie and played a bit of the intro dungeon.  It's looking mighty fine.  Love the new tunes and the berserk forms looks awsome.  Though, i'm wondering why they weren't bundled together...  Looks/plays exactly the same.

I'm also playing Vampire - Bloodlines.  Loving the story... however, performance leaves a lot to be desired.  It's strange, the game plays the same regardless of settings.  It also runs better with AA turned up to 6 (what the hell?).  The combat is funky... feels like GTA3.  Firearms physics and system are so lame.  You'd think a game based of the Source engine would handle that a lot better.  Still, it's a good game and I'll keep playing it.

If you had purchased the collector's edition, you would've gotten one of those nice box things that had space to put the second Digital Devil Saga case in. I need to pick up the second one, yet. I just beat Advance Wars DS and unlocked Von Bolt, I'm still playing World of Warcraft, and I've got a little Disgaea going on the side.

I did get the special box set. It came with the music CD too. DDS2 fit perfectly too. ;)

Was there a special edition of number 2 though?

Because all I got was the game. :(

(and boy are these atlus games hard to hunt at your local EBgames)

Edited by Nusumenai

Chronicles of Riddick (what an excellent game), Painkiller (just started, not too shabby),

Yes and yes. Chronicles of Riddick is awesome. It has some replayability value as well, when you unlock the developers' commentaries.

Never played any of the Civilization games. Is Civ 4 the new one they're showing ads on TV for? It's an RTS with "Sim-like" control over things right?

Looks good, but I'm skeptical........I hate all the Sims games, and there aren't many RTS games I've found to be worth more than the box they come in.

Never played any of the Civilization games. Is Civ 4 the new one they're showing ads on TV for? It's an RTS with "Sim-like" control over things right?

Looks good, but I'm skeptical........I hate all the Sims games, and there aren't many RTS games I've found to be worth more than the box they come in.

From what I've heard, Civilization 4 is the best in the series, or at least up to par with Civilization II. At least give it a try.