FF8 or FF7??

Diso

FF7 or FF8?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is without doubt that Final Fantasy 7 was the best version released. Certainly in relation to the rather westernized version that was Final Fantasy 8. It could be argued that Fantasy 5 was the superior title, and does have a superior narrative, it did not combine and maximize however, the gaming elements and technological elements that Final Fantasy 7 managed.

Both do pale into comparison with Final Fantasy Tactics however, which is possibly the best game ever made (obviously the is an individualist statement) and I certainly had some of the best gaming experiences with the superb Square title. Xenogears for PSX was also excellent and I await getting my copy of xenosaga with quite a degree of excitement- which I rare now I am jaded, old and cynical.

On a related note Final Fantasy 10 was the biggest pile of 'on rails. RPGing ever made. I mean rpg?s are all about convincing the player they have freedom, but FF10 never even bothered. I did like the clever advancement tables though.

FF 7 is one of my favorite PSX games of all time. I think I realized this when I finally got out of Midgar and discovered that I had barely scratched the surface of the game. The mini-games, sidequests, secrets, and materia combinations were all, for the most part, brilliant.

FF 8 on the other hand was pretty lame. I quit before getting off disc 1, and spent most of my playing time doing the card game thing as I thought that was funner then the main quest.

mslug3g.gif

sorry guys i like FF8. i started to play it just to look at it on my mates PS but i played it all summer! i then went back and tried to play FF7 but i just didn't like it. maybe its to do with the order i played them. :jawb:

I like them both but the GFs system on FF8 make me like it more then FF8.

And it was the *first* FF game I bought :lol:;;

And I got used to those great graphics(back in time)

well I did not realy like FF7, I can't quite figure why? I just did not... but Somehow I found myself unable to get away from FF8, could it be because of selphie? rinoa? dunno either, and needless to say I stopped playing FF7 the moment that homosexual sephiroth killed Aeris, never played it again, did not care anymore

FF7 gets my vote out of the 2 games. Sorry folks, but FF8 bored the hell out of me - that draw system, coupled with an irritatingly mundane Squall put the nail in the coffin for me. :lol: