DSWifi wifi_lib_test

sgstair

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is awesome. I turned on my DS and put this into wardriving mode, and left it on in my pocket while I was at school and walking home. By the time I got home, it listed almost 115 netrworks.

Its very sensitive. I can see around 5 networks right now, and my laptop only sees 1.

At home, I can see my neighbor's router, whereas regular laptops cant.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, this is awesome. I turned on my DS and put this into wardriving mode, and left it on in my pocket while I was at school and walking home. By the time I got home, it listed almost 115 netrworks.

Its very sensitive. I can see around 5 networks right now, and my laptop only sees 1.

At home, I can see my neighbor's router, whereas regular laptops cant.

Here in the UK, a sort of circular drive around the city of Bath got me exactly 200. rad :huh:

Not sure about the signal detection though, some networks I was miles from at the start of my trip got stuck at 7% signal when there blatantly should have been none :blink:

Very cool!

Rat

I’ve fixed the WEP support in the Wifi driver so that it can authenticate with APs that use Shared Key authentication.

Usage:

iwconfig nds channel <N> essid <ESSID> key <wepkey>

Thanks go to sgstair and the ethereal dev team.

Update: It looks like only 64bit WEP is working.

Update 2: 128bit WEP in the next build.

Pepsiman added WEP 64bit support to his DS Linux project!

http://www.dslinux.org/blogs/pepsiman/

i hope sgstair releases the new wifi lib test soon :P

and after this release WEP 128 bit support.

YAY i love u sgstair!

Edited by Öhr GmbH

Yes, thats cool, I have tested it, it worked the first time for me (the original lib didnt even work for me, when i disabled WEP).

And as an addition: WEP 128 works now, too (as of 20.02.2006). There was an error in the documentation.

I hope, pepsiman helps you to add these changes into the original library, so I can continue developing with your lib ;)

Edited by FloFri

• 2 years later...

Is there any guide to how to know what is what? Primarily what I want to know is how to see which connections are open (that i can connect to) from the wardriving menu. I would approciate any help.

Edited by kallelej

• 3 years later...