How sensitive is this thing?

tssf

I just downloaded the test app last night and I was amazed at the signal strength. When I loaded up the wardriving app it found at least 20 APs. Granted, I live in a big city, but still. The DS wifi would only find maybe 2 or 3 (including mine) and windows usually picks up about 5-10. Using a wardriving app on my pocketpc would usually list more, about 10-15. I guess many of these programs simply hide the signals that are below a certain threshhold. Anyway, great work Steven. Your wardriving app has managed to pick up far more wireless networks than I knew existed in my area. Good job.

• 2 weeks later...

I get about 40 networks just sitting in front of my computer. mario kart WFC only finds about 6 or 7 usually. so it must be filtering out the low signal strength ones, or maybe ones with encryption methods the DS doesn't support (WPA?)

If I walk to the top floor of my apt. building and hold it out over the railing, i get like 150 networks.

crazy, eh?

I get about 40 networks just sitting in front of my computer. mario kart WFC only finds about 6 or 7 usually. so it must be filtering out the low signal strength ones, or maybe ones with encryption methods the DS doesn't support (WPA?)

If I walk to the top floor of my apt. building and hold it out over the railing, i get like 150 networks.

crazy, eh?

You're crazy for actually holding your DS over the railing on the top floor.