What do you think of the WAR with Iraq?

Alpha

IMHO, There are two side that leads a conspiracy, the part where ppl wants peace to prevent casualities and especially IRAQ casualties. though on another side, ppl wants to support war to defend their own country for past incidents.. regardless to the Sept 11. attack, but to eliminate Hussein out of dictatorship. War is lame controlversy, if they manage to eliminate saddam, then war should be over by then. There's no need for U.S to take over Iraq, but if they manage to get iraq to change its regime, then thats what i support.

i hate Americans all what they want is petrol i hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them

my advice to you is, you shouldnt hate america. the only one whom hate hurts, is the hater. now about the oil...try to have some basic understanding of the facts before you badmouth an entire nation, and inturn, make a fool of yourself. i can understand if you were just joking, but sadly, it doesnt sound like you were. :roll:

i think it was definetly a good thing to rid the world of saddam even if they are not doing it 4 the right reasons. i did not like the media reporting of the war cos they missed all the other important world news such as massive new offisves by US troops in afganistan (excuse my spelling pls!). also the fact that japan lauched a spy satillite which the N. koreans took as an aggressive act! :roll:

I wasn't going to post in this thread but then I changed my mind :P

I think it's great that Saddam's reign is over (at least we hope so) but that doesn't alter the fact that this is an illegal war. The total lack of Iraqi resistance just shows how little a threat Iraq actually were to the USA or the UK. The weapons of mass destruction remain unfound. I find this totally unacceptable as Colin Powell and Jack Straw made it perfectly clear that Iraq HAS weapons of mass destruction and they KNOW this to be fact. They lost all credibility IMO when the UK governments dossier of Iraqi weapons stockpiles was from a university thesis written 10 YEARS AGO. I think it is good that the USA is cleaning up it's own mess though. After all, they were the ones that trained Saddam & Bin Laden in the CIA all those years ago.

The war was never about liberation. I mean the USA imposed 10 years of sanctions on Iraq which punished the people and NOT Saddam Hussein. The UK have invaded Iraq more times than I have had hot dinners so no wonder they all hate us over there. Out of $70 billion Bush has given 750 million dollars of aid to help 25 million people. It's not enough! Iraq is in serious trouble right now. People have no water, hospitals, electricity, or food. There is no police force and the people do not trust the old police (who worked under Saddam) to treat them fairly. THe Kurds want a seperate state and Turkey and the rest of the Iraqi people won't allow this. Rival militia factions are already being created as we speak and what is being done about it? Nothing. So where now, what next? Syria? Iran? N Korea? Is Bush just going to destroy country after country without repairing the damage that is caused? Is he going to deal with Zimbabwe? Israel/Palestine? The congo? N Ireland? Chile? China? Egypt? Russia? Take one of those countries as an example.

China:- The country with the worst human rights record on the planet. Bush won't be attacking here because they have no oil, they have nuclear capability and they have a ground army that would crush the USA's in a second.

Frankly, I despise George W Bush. (note that I love America, I just hate Bush :roll: )I hate the fact that most Americans right now just blindly back him without questioning his motives or the motives of the people who control him. I hate the fact that he describes the USA as "good" and places like Iraq, Afghanistan & Jordan as "evil". He actually has a lot of Americans believing that the USA can do no wrong!! That they are acting with the will of God so it's ok to kill for the protection of ourselves!!!! I hate that he regards this war as a "victory". Who wins? Bush's own company owning friends? The Iraqi people? The families of dead civilians? The families of dead coalition troops? Osama Bin Laden sympathisers? I hate he fact that he pulled out of the Kyoto treaty. I hate the fact that a religious zealot, drunk driving, former drug abuser is the most powerful man in the world.

But anyway, this war isn't about my hatred of Bush. That is why I don't think it has necessarily been unsuccessful. I think the proper time to judge that is in a couple of years time, once the USA have gotten out and the Iraqis are running thier own country again. I hope for peace there and everywhere else.

i hate Americans all what they want is petrol i hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them hate them

my advice to you is, you shouldnt hate america. the only one whom hate hurts, is the hater. now about the oil...try to have some basic understanding of the facts before you badmouth an entire nation, and inturn, make a fool of yourself. i can understand if you were just joking, but sadly, it doesnt sound like you were. :roll:

ehem first of all America is a continent not a country, ok? then hmmmm hating people from USA is just to extremist there are not all bad people yeas there is Bush and lots of people like him and all those people just care about money no matter how many people they kill for it, err that´s makes em assasins but not all people are the same

and i know what i am talking about USA supported militar dictatorship, not only that they didn´t help us to get freedom but they supported the assasins here because it was agood busines, hehehe september 11??? dozens of thousands were killed in my country thanks to the USA the poeple who died in the towers are insignificant compared to the number people got killed here, did you say anything, of course not, did you care? hehe you don´t even know where in the world Argentina is located.

In Chile USA ASSASINATED a PRESIDENT in a TERRORIST ATTACK but of course you don´t even know about it, do you? and then hundred of thousands of people killed in all south america just. So i can understand when a guy says they hate USA but hate is not the answer nor is violence leave that for people like the bush you can´s put all the people in the same bag can´t classify them because of their color, religion, nationality, beliefs or any other thing good and bad people are everywhere and it is up to us to cahnge the world

ehem first of all America is a continent not a country, ok?

who said anything about america being a country? i said it is a nation...which it is. when someone says "north america", they are speaking of the continent, but, when most people say "america", they are refering to "the united states of america" which is a nation...aswell as a country.

but anyway, i agree with some of what you said. yes...i realise the people killed in the sept. 11th attacks is nothing compared to the number of people killed in the rest of the world, let alone argentina, due to terrorist attacks, but thats obvious. though, you shouldnt assume that i dont care. now, if i had a crystal ball, for which i could see everything that is happening in the world, maybe i would know everything, and inturn, have all the answers...but i dont. im just a simple country boy, that gets his news from the available media, just like everyone else in the world.

i dont support everything my country does, nor do i beleive most people support everything their's does either...wherever they live. i can admit it...my country is f-ed up, but it isnt the only one. i just have a problem when someone says they "hate" a country, or anything else for that matter, yet they cant say why, or, they just begin spurting out nonsense fueled by ignorance of the facts (i dont mean you alexis :P ). i too, understand hate, but i refuse to except it.

ps- and i do know where argentina is. :roll:

that's fine you can hate whatever you want, and say your views wherever you please, just remember that the blood of americans has given you that freedom, that thanks to the USA you can go on an internet chat room and totally make an ass out of yourself without worrying about somebody chpping your head off for it, that once you say something real stupid, an american will most likely point it out to you, but he won't stop you from saying what you feel, the same way you should respect that american, especially if that one is a veteran...