"XBox 360 unstable and crashy after one day"

olaf

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo seems to be aiming for a broader market than either Microsoft or Sony which are people who don't play games. That is a HUUUUGE market. Will Nintendo succeed? I don't know. But they're doing quite well in roping in people who never played games with the DS.

You know once some company (or dude) puts out a pron game, nerds on all sides of the globe will be on that faster then a chick putting out to more then 500 guys at the same time.

Nintendo seems to be aiming for a broader market than either Microsoft or Sony which are people who don't play games. That is a HUUUUGE market. Will Nintendo succeed? I don't know. But they're doing quite well in roping in people who never played games with the DS.

That's quiet an interesting angle...

I also hear that they are NOT planning to even go up against MS or Sony.

They plan, to find a place for them alone... rather then risk (and probably lose) going up against them.

Wise move I'd say, they have tried to be too different in the past, but at the same time go up against the other major companies. They haven't faired to well in that war, maybe this new angle will work.

Also, DS is really popular?

I don't know anyone who owns one. (though I know tons who own a SP)

That's quiet an interesting angle...

I also hear that they are NOT planning to even go up against MS or Sony.

They plan, to find a place for them alone... rather then risk (and probably lose) going up against them.

Wise move I'd say, they have tried to be too different in the past, but at the same time go up against the other major companies. They haven't faired to well in that war, maybe this new angle will work.

Also, DS is really popular?

I don't know anyone who owns one. (though I know tons who own a SP)

Recently, DS outsells the PSP 3:1 in Japan. Yes, it is popular. It is a risk because they are truely aiming higher audience (everyone else including us) then MS & Sony's current demographic (us + casual gamers). You just misheard, they are going into this generation, but with a completely different strat, currently, the Beta SDKs for Rev is currently Gamecube ++ Calibur, so there is enough time. There are also hints of a very stable selectable titles for teh launch, it's just too early to tell, but yeah. In other news, Sony is demoing the PS3 at next year's CES.

Interesting thing mentioned in the EGM rumor section this issue: They say that the Revolution will sport graphics not that much more advanced then the Gamecube's.

Not that that's a bad thing, but I wonder if there's any truth to that rumor.

well at least the Revolution wouldn't have a high chance of blowing up/overheating.

well at least the Revolution wouldn't have a high chance of blowing up/overheating.

MS should of really made it widely known that the Xbox 360 would have heating issues... This was covered in a lot of articles that were comparing Xbox 360 specs. "Xbox 360 and PS3 will have heating issues." I remember this... Yet, they couldn't even think of putting a giant sticker on the box that at least told the people to keep it properly ventillated.