"XBox 360 unstable and crashy after one day"

olaf

Anything that is made has a statistical chance of not working, especially electronics. It happens all the time and usually the percentage is really small. I learned this in Statistics class. Something about confidence limits or something.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll also add.....the PS2 STILL has problems, even the latest revisions. Oh and the original Xbox is till burning peoples houses down! So what if a handful (In respect to the total sold) of 360s are having overheating problems, that doesn't mean the system as a whole is no good. If you got stuck with a bad one, I feel sorry for you......but thats your punishment for being a tool that stood outside in the cold for countless hours to pay launch price for a system just because you wanted to be the cool kid on the block. :D

Come one people, this happens with every console launch. These days with all the gaming forums around you can always find a handful of vocal people complaining about their broken systems. As Cinder pointed out, you don't hear from the thousands whose systems work just fine.

And really, it's not just consoles. Go to any forum decicated to any sort of electronic device and you will always be able to find people griping about broken or faulty equipment.

These votes don't represent the internet.

Is your Xbox 360:

Selection

Votes

Overheating? 5% 163

Scratching your discs? 1% 41

Working great? 25% 899

Dead on arrival? 2% 64

Still being manufactured? 21% 757

Xbox 360 is teh suck, PS3 r0x0rZ! 15% 518

I humbly await the Revolution. 31% 1,102

3,544 votes total

joystiq

Nah, only a year -- Playstation 3 -- from a reliable company

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Maybe it's a bit exaggerated, but I don't ever remember having a problem like the X360s on my PS2 or any other Sony product for that matter. (I do remember my first generation PS2 overheating beacuase the fan screen was clogged with dust)

I remember my buddy having a Sony PC, he ran into tons of problems (spyware, virus related) and the Sony tech support was great.

I guess you never had to turn an original psx on its head to get it to read a disc. :S

I here by call today, Bash Adel151 for being a tard-day.

Back 2 topic:

That vote only represents what? Like 1% of all bitchy 360 owners out of [how many 360s sold] minus $126 loss per unit. The sale went pretty damn good if you look at the bigger picture that doesn't concern you

Nah, only a year -- Playstation 3 -- from a reliable company

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Maybe it's a bit exaggerated, but I don't ever remember having a problem like the X360s on my PS2 or any other Sony product for that matter. (I do remember my first generation PS2 overheating beacuase the fan screen was clogged with dust)

I remember my buddy having a Sony PC, he ran into tons of problems (spyware, virus related) and the Sony tech support was great.

I guess you never had to turn an original psx on its head to get it to read a disc. :S

I actually had to do this, but I did many things that went against the warranty... For a long time I did the disc swapping trip to play burned PS games... then I added a chip to it... Figured that was what caused it. ^^

EDIT : Back on Topic.

http://www.canada.com/technology/story.htm...d1-2b0fecc9604e

Add over heating to the list. ^^

Edited by Nusumenai