"XBox 360 unstable and crashy after one day"

olaf

Consoles are typically thought of as entertainment devices, with pretty limited scope. The expectations for consoles are pretty standard, too. You plug in a game, the game works, you have fun. Consoles are becoming more and more advanced though, and though there have been some issues in the past with instability, apparently the Xbox 360 has taken the cake for the most unstable console, only a single day after it's release. In some ways, you could almost say we knew this would happen eventually. Numerous reports of the console crashing have been reported at various other sites, with crashes happening even with all default settings in single player. They don't seem to be related to particular games or particular reasons, happening randomly.

Click here to read on.

IN YOUR FACE PEOPLE-WHO-SAT-IN-LINE-FOR-2-DAYS-TO-BE-THE-COOL-KID-ON-THE-BLOCK!

Edited by olaf

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone that I know that got a xbox360 is returning it. 4 xbox360's between everyone I know. All bad. Mine was going to go inside my arcade machine when DOA4 comes out but it frooze the 1st time I turned it on. I have been posting like mad on lotsa sites. <_<:lol::shootem::shootem:

Everyone that I know that got a xbox360 is returning it.  4 xbox360's between everyone I know.  All bad.  Mine was going to go inside my arcade machine when DOA4 comes out but it frooze the 1st time I turned it on.  I have been posting like mad on lotsa sites. <_<  :lol:  :shootem:  :shootem:

Stop show boating your cab, we friking know already. Just shut the hell up about it.

Nah, only a year -- Playstation 3 -- from a reliable company  :)

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Edited by K`dash

Nah, only a year -- Playstation 3 -- from a reliable company

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Maybe it's a bit exaggerated, but I don't ever remember having a problem like the X360s on my PS2 or any other Sony product for that matter. (I do remember my first generation PS2 overheating beacuase the fan screen was clogged with dust)

I remember my buddy having a Sony PC, he ran into tons of problems (spyware, virus related) and the Sony tech support was great.

Microsoft spokesperson said only a "very, very small fraction" of the units had problems, but she declined to say how many reports the company had received (according to CNN/Reuters).

This is what next-gen.biz got from Microsoft:

"The vast majority of Xbox 360 owners are having an outstanding experience with their new systems,"

"We've received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected. The call rate is well below what you'd expect for a consumer electronics product of this complexity. As a percentage of the total number of Xbox 360 systems already in the field, these calls represent a very small fraction. That being said, there is no systemic issue with Xbox 360. Each incident is unique and these customer inquires are being handled on a case-by-case basis. Ultimately, customer satisfaction is our highest priority. Anybody having an issue with their Xbox 360 console should call 1-800-4 MY XBOX immediately so that we can help, or visit www.xbox.com/support."

While the problem certainly doesn't look massive, new reports are still coming in on this thread (and more accross our Xbox 360 section or on other forums like teamxbox.com). It's of course not possible for us to verify all these reports, but some people certainly have real problems with their 360.

While not representative (for the simple reason that people who have problems are more likely to vote/post/shout than people who don't have problems), the poll on the teamxbox forums suggests ~15% of the Xbox 360 owners have problems (on +400 total votes). The real % is probably lower, but it's hard to say how many exactly atm.

taken from x-s

I was just about to reference the X-S post.

Think about how many people now own an Xbox 360, then look at those making public complaints about problems with their system. Then think about all those people without one who aren't saying anything online. The percentage is low, very low, for those with problems. You just don't hear from the people without problems...........