Finally seen TNA on spike....

Inky

I happened to see the TNA wrestling program on spike, this was my first time seeing any TNA programming. first impressions.

who the hell are these guys? lol I know TNA has alot of people in it I know from WWE, ECW, and WCW but there are alot of bland characters clogging up the airtime.

I liked the octagonal ring. and could imagine huge 6 team tag matches would kick butt.

I don't think 1 hour is enough to get the storylines and also see some wrestling. the show felt rushed.

I really liked Christian in WWE since the Brood and hope he gets somewhere with TNA, throwing him in with ALpha Male may be a waste, from the minute I seen the alpha male I was highly annoyed, the dude can't work the mike. Christian is gonna run circles around him in promos. Christian needs other good Mike workers to get the most of his talent. (see christian / Jericho and CHristian / Rock feuds) Alpha male was dressed like he just left the set of Queer Eye. and he fits the stereotype "black guy who uses big words to sound smart" :rolleyes:

other then that the show seemed interesting I will admit I sorta got excited when I heard Jesse James go into the whole "ladies and gentlemen...." DX spiel during a video package. :D Hopefully I'll get to see it a few more times to form a solid opinion.

The one last night wasn't so good by usual standards so I wouldn't judge it too quick.

I really liked Christian in WWE since the Brood and hope he gets somewhere with TNA, throwing him in with ALpha Male may be a waste, from the minute I seen the alpha male I was highly annoyed, the dude can't work the mike.

Actually, almost nobody can work the mic in TNA, and Monty brown is actually one of the better ones. Raven is the king of mic work in TNA, and he's about 10 times better at it then anybody in the WWE right now exept possibly Cena. But I think that's the point, less emphasis on talk and all that. As you saw AJ Styles is a turd on the mic, and thankfully he rarely speaks. But as much as I can't stand anything about the guy, wait till you see him wrestle.

Formerly known as NWA - TNA. They used to run weekly 2 hour PPVs for 13 bucks on Pay-Per-View in Nashville before moving to Florida @ Universal Studios Soundstage #15(I think it's 15)). TNA still gives out that indy feel that show cases more about wrestling, then about mic skills, like ROH. Also they have an exclusive contract with the NWA for the use of the NWA World Heavy Weight Title until 2013 while the X Division title is purely regional to TNA.

Saturday's show really wasn't a great way for someone to get introduced into TNA. To get a good grip on TNA, you need to watch some classical matches before they went 6 Sided. Including the famous Jerry Lynn vs AJ Styles vs Lo Ki X Division Ladder Match.

Raven's always been good on the mic since the good old blood 'n' guts days of ECW. Also the Dudley Boys also, used to be beasts on the mic (If you can, get the Dudley Boys almost start a riot mp3 somewhere) and here they're just getting started.