Adel151

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean i can complain to much but my download speeds are ridiculous the best i get is 3k a second

:( It sucks man, Cant you even get isdn? any I think its called that. 128kps.

I used to have 56k a few years ago. Once you get cable The internet is yours. :) If you get what I mean. There must be another option then 56k in your area? Maybe ask your phone provider (mine is telstra) Anyway... I cant suggest anything else.

if you are paying AOL's monthly fee and you live in the U.S, you really can get a broadband connection at a cheaper price

plus AOL is extremely bulky. Don't even recommend it unless you know how to make it run only the dialer w/out all the bulk; but either way, it's a ripoff

AOL aggravates me so much. It's because of them that has partially spawned the generation of computer users who have no idea what their computer does when they click on a button.

AOL aggravates me so much. It's because of them that has partially spawned the generation of computer users who have no idea what their computer does when they click on a button.

Yay! Bring on the AOL hate.

If it weren't for AOL, the internet wouldn't have all the idiots it does, and spyware, malware and viruses on Windows wouldn't be so prevalent. There wouldn't be enough stupid people to make it worth the bother of creating these things!

*Stabs AOL with a Spork™*

I think you guys are either remembering incorrectly or whatever program you were reading you speeds from was inaccurate. Due to FCC regulations that fastest download speed you could possibly connect at is 53k: 53000bps / 8 / 1024 = 6.5 KB/s max. Of course, in the real world, you're never going to see 6.5 either due to line/signal quality and overhead. 5.X is possible on a solid line with a great connection, 6.X is less likely, and 8-12 KB/s (as some people have quoted here) is simply impossible.