Access Point with WIFIME [using wifi card as AP]

mufranxk

As the article says, some ra2500 cards include drivers that allow you to make your wifi card pretend to be an access point.

What this means, is that nintendo's wifi connection will work through your wifi card when it's set up this way.

Ordinary wifi cards will NOT work, because nintendo's wifi connection does not support ad-hoc mode.

-Stephen

Ordinary wifi cards will NOT work, because nintendo's wifi connection does not support ad-hoc mode.

I have seen that rtl8180 cards have that option, witht he dirvers and application that come from the website, but I still have to try that (laptop is in for repairing, and MKDS still has to arrive here...)

Talking about someting different :) any progress with SGIP? it's a while the pade is stuck there....

Bafio

BTW the topic title is stupid.

Your just using a wireless card as an AP.

It has nothing to do with wifime, apart from it can use the same chipset/card.

Well.. he just said it wrong..

this drivers that ive found works with pcicard compatibles with Wifime ( rt2500/rt2560 ) but work with few others too

i searched for this becouse i didnt wanted to byt a AP ( with is too expensive here in brazil )

im glad that my find is helping a lot of people!

Ps: sgstair, lot of people Know about it but dont know how to make.. an even more people never heard in that possibility!!!

Wansnt easy to find this driver.. if you have it for ages you could posted it before.. =[

Edited by Dudu.exe

For those who don't know everything that our wireless card is capable of, this is pretty much a god send.

I had intentioned this to be for those who aren't in the know of how things work. Sgstair, I'm sure when you ment "many of us have known" you were refering pretty much everyone that has been on these fourms.

I just wanted people to know that there was a cheaper (but slightly more complicated) way to connect to Nintendo WFC.

And yes, the title is misleading. This has no connection to WiFiMe

-776 out

Edited by Darkwind776