Monitor Upgrade

OverlordMondo

Fact is, the TV is locked to a specificed number of pixels set if a computer is hooked up to it via DVI or Analogue input due to it's processing chip.

Using this shoddy example

|
|
|
|
|
|

1080 would be obviously bigger
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Anything higher in the 800x600
|
|
|
|
|
|
Won't fit in a 720dpi setting unless specified directly via manufacturing card/system

It isn't handled normally unless find some way of modifing the way your video card outputs screen resolutions to HDTVs, more specficially, you'd have to be using a DVI connector into the TV it self. Also if you do plan on doing this, I highly recommend checking the manual as it will have more information on why and why nots. It was also explained on Call for Help episode. But most 1080DPI HDTVs these days support 800x600 and higher, including 1280 × 720 (A 720DPI HDTV doesn't support it oddly). Thats important thing right there. 720 and 1080 both are excellent and both have different ways of handling single from your PC. It's a TV limation, not a pc card one.

First of all, projectors are expensive as hell, I already looked into that.

The purpose of the card was to play classic console games in a classic fasion. I can play classic games just fine on this tiny monitor, or just as fine on another larger monitor, but it just isn't the same as playing them on a TV. If I was using a real console the resolution would be fine, so there must be a way to get a high quality picture with emulators.

I already have a HDTV, as well as several that aren't HD. So that isn't a purchase I have to consider. And I don't think I'm actually going to be using that high a resolution, most of what I'm going to be using it for is emulation, which by default is about 800x600.

Edited by OverlordMondo

Well if you have an HDTV already, and it has a DVI cable. Your practically all set! (Ah if you don't, your missing out on a much better, clearer, crisper picture) Although you'd need to make your fonts bigger because their really small :\ So upping them 120dpi or higher would make reading much easier for you if you plan on using it as your main.

First of all, projectors are expensive as hell, I already looked into that.

The purpose of the card was to play classic console games in a classic fasion.  I can play classic games just fine on this tiny monitor, or just as fine on another larger monitor, but it just isn't the same as playing them on a TV.  If I was using a real console the resolution would be fine, so there must be a way to get a high quality picture with emulators.

I already have a HDTV, as well as several that aren't HD.  So that isn't a purchase I have to consider.  And I don't think I'm actually going to be using that high a resolution, most of what I'm going to be using it for is emulation, which by default is about 800x600.

uh ? So Plug your comp to your TV and go, that was what i was saying in the first place, all the classics have lower resolutions, even a normal TV can handle.

I compared my emulated Ecco with the one from the real thing hooked to a normal TV and there was no difference besides the scrolling was smoother on the real thing.

Edited by Madman