so who's getting a 360

Inky

I'm not expecting a cheap system when Ken Kutaragi says that it will cost a lot and that he wants people to work longer so that they afford it. :-/

But I thought the RSX was basically a souped up 7800GTX with more pipelines I think. It is based of the G70 core. Either way, both ATI and Nvidia created some badass GPUs for these consoles.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am more of a fan boy for video games to succeed so I would like all 3 systems to do good. I guess we will just have to wait for the official pricing on the PS3. And if you are wondering why I think the price of the PS3 is what it is read this article: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051105-5530.html

I read this week ago. I wonder, how realistic are these figures.

I was already prepared to spend up to $600 on the PS3 since It would hold every console game I would ever want to own. But $300-400? Wasn't it going to be extremely expensive?

There is no truth to the price really. But Ken is saying is leading almost everyone to believe that it will only be for the "hardcore" crowd. Like the Neo-Geo.

There is no truth to the price really. But Ken is saying is leading almost everyone to believe that it will only be for the "hardcore" crowd. Like the Neo-Geo.

and we all know how well the neogeo home system sold.........

and we all know how well the neogeo home system sold.........

Pricing wasn't the only thing that made the Neo systems sell poorly. How do you expect to sell a name only known in the arcade world, to home users? That and it was never advertised, I don't remember seeing an ad for the CD or AES, EVER. Not even a flyer/poster anywhere.

I remember being quite aware of the neogeo and wanting one something fierce. so there must have been some kind of ad campain nothing near what sony will thow at us though.

There were ads in newspapers at the time the neogeo AES was sold. Also, any good videogame shop had one on display here. Almost every kid I knew at the time asked his parents to buy him one. And absolutely not one of them was answered "yes".

At first it was not as well-known as sega or nintendo, but it was soon known as the graal of gaming systems. So great, so pricey.

Hmmm...hard to tell. Neo Geo games has been really popular at my country and Singapore. You can expect seeing

a KOF machine (no matter which year) in every arcade here.

Atomiswave kinda slowing it down though (must be the price of the board)