Times running out

alexa999

Just to tell you sgstair, time is running out. by NO means do I want you to rush and do a crap job. I'm just saying that mkds comes out monday. if you finish after that, it won't make such a big bang on the community. Most comments will be like "I already got wifi on my ds," "mariokart ownz," etc. I just think everyone will be very excited if it is finished before the release of mariokart and tonyhalk. (Tonyhalk comes out day after mkds)

So yeah, if you want the most praise from the community, finish soon.

Hi sgstair! Just curious, how is the library coming out? Do you think you could release maybe the UDP/IP code first?

That would be already very good to get people start developing applications...

I don't want to rush or anything, just to know if you have considered the option...

Bafio

It may be that MKDS appears in the shops before sgIP is complete and polished. The two do entirely different things, however. MK connects over WiFi to let you play MK. sgIP allows you (the developer) to connect over WiFi to do anything you like.

It's not just the simple fact of WiFi that's being provided here (I know 802.11b's anything but simple, but skipping over that); it's a homebrewn IP stack as well. Perhaps MKDS will be the first WiFi app, but sgIP means there'll be hundreds of others.

And Stair-san will polish the stack when he's able, don't push :rolleyes: Just my two English sterling pence on the issue.

I see what you guys are saying. Sgstair has figured out how the attenna works, wrote his own tcp/ip stack (which still blows my mind :P ), and is creating a library homebrew developers can control. You can play on MK but the possibilities are endless with his lib. :devilboy:

I am equally phyched for both releases (MK and dswifi) so keep up the awsome work!

Glad you all appreciate my work :P

I've considered releasing the UDP/IP stack first, but really TCP/IP isn't too far away - my attention has just been directed elsewhere lately.

We'll see if I can beat the odds and get all my other stuff done, and still release the wifi lib before MK:DS :devilboy: that'd be a real win-win situation.

-Stephen