Need help regarding handhelds

Gryph

Alright, I'm really bored these days so I'm thinking of getting a handheld which would be a first for me. Most probably a GBASP or a DS since they're cheaper and actually have games I want to play. What I want to know is what all do I need to take full advantage of these systems if you catch my drift? :D

I'm also interested in the homebrew scene so what all do I need for that?

For me, I would advise you to get a PSP since you mention that you are interested in homebrew. And with ISO loaders, you can get to test some games before deciding to buy or not :)

And Sony will release a PSP GIGA Pack which come with a 1GB MS at USD299, a real bargain compare to current value pack which come at 32MB only. And a USB cable is thrown in :D

Edited by L.S.D

No, I don't want a PSP. I don't want NES, SNES, GB, GBA, or movies. I don't even play those on my PC so why would I want to carry those around? If I'll play GBA games then I'll get a cheap GBA instead of a PSP. I want something new. I want DS games. Mainly, I want Mario Kart DS. :D

I'm just looking for cheap gaming gratification till the next wave of PC games come out. I want this on the side while I play these latest releases.

But what I want to know what stuff do I need to download stuff off the Internet and use it on my DS. A flash card? I don't know, I'm new to this stuff.

And the DS homebrew scene seems active especially with sgstair's breakthrough.

d.s suck arse lol

lol xbox is hueg!

DS has alot of things going for it, however, if your cheap, flash card all the way.

Also you can play old Lucas point and click games with the right stuff on it. SOMETHING THE PSP CAN'T DO. POINT AND CLICK WITH A STYLUS.

d.s suck arse lol

lol xbox is hueg!

DS has alot of things going for it, however, if your cheap, flash card all the way.

Also you can play old Lucas point and click games with the right stuff on it. SOMETHING THE PSP CAN'T DO. POINT AND CLICK WITH A STYLUS.

I have enough money to buy a DS right now, when I saw it in the store I was like: WTF is this crap?! the buttons suck, the screen is small and the casing looked so crappy, I was like watching a horizontal, double-screened tetris handheld. Then I see the price and go "no wonder". Compared to the PSP this thing is a piece of crap, i thought.

And yes, Mario is a gay faggot and sucks ass. Why in the world would you wanna buy a DS for Mario :blink: ?

Seriously, why is mario such a big crap? You guys just can't see the pure awesomeness of Sonic! And Jazz Jackrabbit OMG Jazz Jackrabbit. I asked Weirdy and Magnis if they ever played it and they went :blink: ?

Goddamn Mario.

I only have 2 reasons I'd buy a DS if I have spare cash and that is: Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and Final Fantasy 3 remake in 3D. I'm also pretty sure someone will emulate it for the PSP since I think you could use the analog as teh touch screen.

And for those point and click games I can use DOSBox

Edited by AxL

flashcards are a pretty hefty outlay of money Gryph. you'r looking at between 70 to 200 bucks to play homebrew and roms on a gba or ds.

for a quick fix I'd just go get a used gbaSP and a few games used.