Going to get a Mod-Chip

iq_132

I finally managed to scrape together some cash, and want to chip my Xbox (1.4/1.5).

Here are my list of requirements:

1. Must be less than $60 (US)

2. Must be solderless (I can solder, but I don't have that much confidence in it)

3. Must be easy to use and won't get me made fun of worse than an AOL subscriber

4. Must allow me to use homebrew software (Thinking MAMEoX and FBA-XXX)

5. Preferribly sold at divineo (I know they're trustworthy)

I've been looking at the Spider GX, Xecuter 2.6 CE, and Xecuter 3 CE, but am pretty unsure as I don't know anything about xbox chips.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

avoid spider chips, heard from many ppl having probs with those chips.

xecuter 3 ce is the best but i'd say its only worth it if you plan to really use its features cuz if not then just get xecuter 2.6 but in either case for the xecuter's you'll also need to get the xapter to make either mod solderless.

soldering the xbox mods are very basic especially in older models but the way i look at is this: if you ever done a ps1 or gc mod, you can easily do an xbox.

why spend your money on mod chip? just get your Xbox updated with ZXBinstaller CD, it s program that just install on your xbox's hard disk,

no chip needed. :banghead:

Uhh.. because I don't have access to another modded xbox, I don't have an action replay, and I don't even have a memory card.

Also, I want a chipped box, I'm not sure how I feel about soft-mods.

@Prican, what features should I be looking for exactly? And what do you think of this chip?

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-xb-x26-sl

Edited by iq_132

my 1st mod chip EVO X that is full of pantie holes, i just bought the chip, got it install, and so happy i was when it works, but about 4 min it freezed, and there is no refund, and when i got the zxbinstaller installed it change my xbox totally, and it have all the emulators program for me, so why mod chips, and plus if you install it bad, there goes you xbox. :banghead:

He's right ^^^ It's a waste of money chipping ur xbox. I used hot-swap method ( altho this is somewhat risky ), and I have emus/homebrew etc etc on my 'box.. all for free. It's not soft-modding in the sense that most people think of it, ie mem card exploits etc, it's simply formatting ur xbox to allow emus/homebrew etc. I don't know of the installer disc mentioned but it's all a piece of cake. No modded xbox is necessary, just a PC. Up to you.

I have a xecuter 2.6ce, it's a fine chip, the xecuter3.0 is really only worth it if you wanna install an lsd screen and all that jazz.

I have softmodded a few xboxs for friends who didn't want to lay out money on a chip and they are plenty happy with thier softmods. so really it's up to you. if you decite to softmod go get a used memory card and a breakaway cable, should cost you like 30 bucks total, then use the breakaway cable and an old usb cord to make a usb adapter for an xbox controller, download the action replay software from thier site. and BAM you have an action replay to transfer the exploit to memory card. it's not hard and cheaper then a chip.

well i can't really recomend softmods but i do give them credit for what they can do but i still think he's better off with a modchip.

iq_132 i think x2.6 is your best bet, its a great mod but you won't get the lil extras you can do with a x3 like changing the faceplate to theirs and such which is pointless unless you really wanna show off your xbox. not bad for its price

well i can't really recomend softmods but i do give them credit for what they can do but i still think he's better off with a modchip.

iq_132 i think x2.6 is your best bet, its a great mod but you won't get the lil extras you can do with a x3 like changing the faceplate to theirs and such which is pointless unless you really wanna show off your xbox. not bad for its price

Thanks man :angry: I think I'll go with the 2.6 and I'll let you know how it goes :banghead:

Thanks man :) I think I'll go with the 2.6 and I'll let you know how it goes :)

go for that. i dont trust softmods either. :P